Beer Simulation

Guna

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a beer pouring into a glass fx. Please have a look at the hip file Beer_Rnd_v03.hip  and mov  Beer_RnD_v01.mp4.

Does anyone know how to get the bubbles/foam on top of the flip particles and push them up as the glass gets filled?

I am using whitewater to create bubbles.any help is much appreciated.

Thankyou ..

Edited by aaryanguna

Hello everyone,

Here is what I did,Beer_RnD_v03.mp4 

hip file: Beer_Rnd_v08_Test.hip

I used two emitters, one to emit beer (with higher density) and another emitter from the base of the glass to emit foam (with much lower density).

As the beer hits the base of the glass, it pushes the foam to go higher and stay on top.

I have two issues.

a) I use a thick collision proxy volume to avoid the leakage of flip particles.But, towards the end I want the beer to fill and spill along the surface outside.How to achieve this? If I reduce the thickness the flip particles tend to leak and there is volume loss as well.

B)I have applied velocity to push the foam particles upwards,but It doesn't have any impact. As of now the foam particles move upwards because of the velocity created by the beer particles.I want the foam particles to move upwards by applying some external force so that more foam forms on top.How to achieve this?

Any help?....

Thanks in advance..

Edited by aaryanguna

Not to hijack the thread here but i'm trying to do the same. however i hit problems long before the beer hits the glass.

I am simulating the pour from a bottle and lots of weird stuff is going on.

Sometime i get volumeloss, especially if i go down in particle separation. Thought it would be the other way around. This still happens if i take gridsize down.

I attached a rarfile with scenefile and geo.

If someone has the time and energy to just see what im doing wrong i would be very grateful.

beer_pour.rar

Edited by ekan de

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I had to make everything from scratch since your sim was way to slow. I'm using 0.02 particle separation and substeps min=1 and max=4. This takes around 3 minutes to solve.

I have two issues.

a) I use a thick collision proxy volume to avoid the leakage of flip particles.But, towards the end I want the beer to fill and spill along the surface outside.How to achieve this? If I reduce the thickness the flip particles tend to leak and there is volume loss as well.

I've used your original glass (with polyextrude 0.1) and just changed division size to 0.02 under RBD Solver / Volume. Everything worked as expected. 

B)I have applied velocity to push the foam particles upwards,but It doesn't have any impact. As of now the foam particles move upwards because of the velocity created by the beer particles.I want the foam particles to move upwards by applying some external force so that more foam forms on top.How to achieve this?

I've used different viscosity (.5 beer emission and .7 foam), density (1000 beer and 20 to foam) and divergence (0 to beer and .3 to foam) attributes using popwrangle, so foam goes and stays on top

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

beer_preview.mp4

Edited by romanus
more info
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 8:41 PM, romanus said:

Hi there,

I had to make everything from scratch since your sim was way to slow. I'm using 0.02 particle separation and substeps min=1 and max=4. This takes around 3 minutes to solve.

I have two issues.

I've used your original glass (with polyextrude 0.1) and just changed division size to 0.02 under RBD Solver / Volume. Everything worked as expected. 

I've used different viscosity (.5 beer emission and .7 foam), density (1000 beer and 20 to foam) and divergence (0 to beer and .3 to foam) attributes using popwrangle, so foam goes and stays on top

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

beer_preview.mp4

Can you please share the Hipfile

Edited by aliasgar