Vop Playground!

altbighead

I am exploring more on creating procedural shader ,displacement and custom vex sop.I am trying to do a series of small task and hopefully learn something from it .I am total noob when it comes to creating shader and lighting so feel free to comment and critique .

and thanks to Dajuice and irc odforce guys for the help . :P

edited : saving bandwidth ..check the later posts

Here is a ice cream model mostly done in VOP with vex sop and dis/surface shader.The only thing I did in SOP is to create a sphere and uvproject .

still working one the cone and I am planning to make a little ice cream maker HDA . :D

thanks. B)

post-602-1132021798_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am exploring  more on creating procedural shader ,displacement and custom vex sop.I am trying to do  a series of small task and hopefully learn something from it .I am total noob when it comes to creating shader and lighting so feel free to comment and critique .

and thanks to Dajuice and irc odforce guys for the help .  :P

post-602-1132021798_thumb.jpg

Here is a ice cream model mostly done in VOP with vex sop and dis/surface shader.The only thing I did in SOP is to create a sphere and uvproject .

still working one the cone and I am planning to make a little ice cream maker HDA . :D

thanks. B)

22587[/snapback]

Cool, so soon I can have an Ice Cream SHOP?

thanks for the kind work !!everyone..

I know it is quite simple but you gotta start from somewhere, right? :ph34r:

anyways, i am working on the cone and I am haveing this render problem.ice cream on top of cone but when i render it , it appears that ice cream is behind the cone.I checked the object's normal and everything but not sure what is causing the problem. :blink:

thanks..

post-602-1132186751_thumb.jpg

thanks for the kind work !!everyone..

I know it is quite simple but you gotta start from somewhere, right? :ph34r:

anyways, i am working on the cone and I am haveing this render problem.ice cream on top of cone but when i render it , it appears that ice cream is behind the cone.I checked the object's normal and everything but not sure what is causing the problem. :blink:

thanks..

post-602-1132186751_thumb.jpg

22638[/snapback]

Mmmm try to switch off displacement, use only bump mapping, maybe the displacement is confusing to the hide surface algorithm, but is only a guess!

Mmmm try to switch off displacement, use only bump mapping, maybe the displacement is confusing to the hide surface algorithm, but is only a guess!

22648[/snapback]

Maybe your prim normals are pointing the wrong way and what you are seeing is the inside of the ice cream and not the outside? Try putting a reverse sop on your geometry. Do you have backface removal turned on?

Maybe your prim normals are pointing the wrong way and what you are seeing is the inside of the ice cream and not the outside? Try putting a reverse sop on your geometry. Do you have backface removal turned on?

22652[/snapback]

hi i don't think prim normals are the problem.. it rendered perfectly if i hide one of them . IF nobody can figure it out, i will clean up the file and see if i can upload it .

hi i don't think prim normals are the problem.. it rendered perfectly if i hide one of them . IF nobody can figure it out, i will clean up the file and see if i can upload it .

22661[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, you aren't displacing the ice cream way back in Z are you?

I think if you render with a verbosity of greater than 3, mantra will tell you how much the maximum displacement was on a surface (i.e. -V 3)

Oh, and you do have displacement bounds set properly, right?