Houdini Dynamics Training Course

michael

Intermediate Dynamics

Training Course

Side Effects Software is hosting a one-day intermediate-level training course that teaches techniques for creating dynamic simulations with Houdini Dynamic Operators (DOPS). The DOPS workshop will be very hands-on, and attendees will have the opportunity to work with many different types of dynamic systems. You will learn how the dynamics architecture is set up and how it relates to the rest of Houdini. In addition, attendees will learn great tips and tricks for building complex, production-driven simulations.

The instructor for this course is 25-year CG veteran, Craig Zerouni who is a production consultant at Side Effects Software. Craig has extensive experience in film production and television commercial production, and his background includes programming, animating, effects direction and technical direction. Craig frequently writes editorial columns for leading industry publications, and he is a regular columnist for 3D World. Currently, Craig is writing a book about using Houdini more effectively.

Who

All Houdini animators! Attendees do not need any specific DOPS experience, although some Houdini experience is a pre-requisite. At a minimum, those interested in this course should feel comfortable with Houdini's workflow and editors. Anyone who has attended a Houdini Boot camp are perfectly prepared for this course.

When

Saturday, March 18, 2006

9:45am - 5:30pm

Where

Side Effects Software

233 Wilshire Blvd. #610

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Tel: (310) 319 9876

Parking: Public parking lots on 2nd, 3rd & 4th Streets off Wilshire Blvd.

Cost

This one-day training course is available for only $250.00.

Contact us at training@sidefx.com to reserve your spot! Additional classes may be added with demand.

** note >

please reply here if you think this course, or courses like this should be captured and sold on DVD al la gnomon...

***********ATTN TORONTO HOUDINI USERS***********

there is a possibility of this course also being held here in Toronto, nothing for sure but I'm trying to get it rolling...

so if you're /actually/ interested drop me a PM here and I'll add you to the "see how many people want this course" list

Id love to attend, but I'm far from the US... so I'd be happy to have that on DVD.

25321[/snapback]

...maybe, as video to download...

the same as the last 10 years for all events and usermeetings :angry:

yes, yes, yes!

and I'm ready to pre-pay for it as many others I suppose, what doesn't change the truthfulness of mike statment that many materials from meetings or presentations should be available for download. This should be the rule of thumb...

cheers,

SYmek