Noise/Curl blend effect?

DrGRilla

Hey ODForce folks, looking for guidance or a method to achieve a similar sort of effect with noise/curl noise.

There are more than enough methods here to achieve the base look whether that be through converting to a volume and advecting points / fluid source etc, however, I can't come up with a method to influence or incorporate another element into the noise on a grid(or any other geo) seamlessly. I thought about using curves to influence the velocity in an attempt to shape it but no bananas. 

Any ideas?

Attached is a ref from Christoph Bader's Wired feature which is ultimately the effect I'm trying for, specifically the 2nd and 4th piece of the set.

8633290097_90aa9f9a19_k.jpg

flownoise is a basic VEX function so you can use external references to drive the various input styles. See doc for types of inputs.
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/vex/functions/flownoise.html

In a simple scenario you could plug a moving point into input #2 of the wrangle to modify an existing point.

float flow_amount = @Time * ch("mult");
float noise = flownoise(v@opinput1_P,flow_amount);
@P *= noise;

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Atom said:

Check out this link.

Also...

Cool methods for generating the base look, much appreciated for the alternative method links. How would you go about, taking the ref image for example, embedding the '0513' that's visible in each image?