Houdini Boxer

Jim Su

wow, you have definately mad skillz! if someone could come up with such an awesome animation/deformations while waiting for renders I for one am impressed.

Great animation. Please, if you do have more animations or you can share your techniques/ workflow using houdini as an animation tool please do tell...

wow, you have definately mad skillz! if someone could come up with such an awesome animation/deformations while waiting for renders I for one am impressed.

Great animation. Please, if you do have more animations or you can share your techniques/ workflow using houdini as an animation tool please do tell...

27006[/snapback]

It was a long render :)

I didn't animate it. This other guy Masayach (I forget his last name animated it). This was a misc. human rig that I had built long time ago with skinny arms and tube-like pants. I noticed him animating it, so after he was done, I made the enhancements - modelled some muscles that are tied to the bone rotations, as well as pants wrinkles.

This is before I knew how to use the primitive inflates as muscles properly. So if I had a chance to go back to this, I would add inflates so that his skin could slide above his rib cage. I would also work on his back so that you could see his scapula poke through.

Also shorten the damn neck!

Jim

27006[/snapback]

OMG!!!! THat's some impressive stuff. The Glass Cage is amazing, especially the work on the back.

The Boxer, not so impressed. Great lighting but the shoulders barely move at all.

Thanks for the link. This guy is pretty talented.

wrinkles, muscles and arm movements are good. but I don't like the way legs work, and the way toes are bend, i tlooks like something is broken.

also the part when he leans down to dodge the punch I guess is too floaty.

but, since you didn't do the animation... this doesn't matter a lot.

As I said, I like the wrinkle/muscle/rig thing. And I am always glad to see Houdini in animation action, since I am an animator...

Respect

Thanks guys!

Animation wise, I agree with the toe thing, especially since he has shoes on - don't know about the other stuff though, I think it looks good. Then again, I'm no animation expert. Never really animated in production except some falling rocks in Action Man (that doesnt count), animation fixes while doing character finalling on The Wild (nah, that doesn't count either), and animating a shot on Silent Hill (More like creature tracking than actual animation.)

Jim