Vellum Super Rigid Constraints

ParticleSkull

this here has the handkerchief, naturally as vellum cloth, then it also has pearls which are like RBDs....but the pearls are really just vellum cloth objects that are incredibly stiff...so it 'looks' like 2-way interaction between RBD and vellum

• Thanks 1

I've gone this route...if someone asks you to bend a 1x1x1 segment box.......well you can't cos there ain't enough segments for it to bend.

So I decide if the pearls are sooooo low res, they would less likely to deform.

So in my new file, if you sim it now (don't go down to peak and subdiv yet) the pearl sphere have Freq at 2, you'll see deformations as they smash into each other. Substep for the sim is at 2 which is a minimal increase.

Now go up to the sphere and change Freq to 1, sim again....to the naked eye...that's good enough for me as a rigid object.

Then now you'll see the cheating purpose of the peak and subdiv, they are simply there to get back the volume of the pearls that were lost due to extreme low res setting. I'd take this approach with the cost as a minimal substep increase.

Of course, I don't know how extreme your situation is....is there a mock up test file ?

vu_hankypearls2.hiplc

Edited by Noobini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...