referencing specific frame in alembic for Vellum solve

art3mis

Trying to  create some simple clothes using vellum with an imported figure that is animated in an alembic. The problem is there is no T-pose at the beginning of my animation which I believe is necessary for Vellum to do the initial solve when clothes(a dress in this case) are first simulated using the Cloth Constraints.

There is only something approximating a T-pose part way thru my animation.

So how do I 'freeze' this frame part way thru my alembic that I can reference for my Vellum solve?

here's my approach using stash, no ideal t-pose ? well just do what you gotta do to get things started in a similar pose...

If you don't like stash...your loss. To me, it's incredibly useful for creating an initial state to start your sim.

Edited by Noobini

23 minutes ago, Noobini said:

...If you don't like stash...your loss....

nothing directly against Stash SOP, it has it's uses and even in this case it may be a matter of preference

but personally if Timeshift allows me to stay procedural and also keep my hip file size down I'd call it a win-win rather than loss

obviously holding just one frame and blending from it is just an example based on the original post, much more robust is to directly load t-pose and blend from there if the animation cache doesn't have it, since just freezing similar frame from animation may still need some cloth adjustments, which is not a good workflow

Edited by anim