Redefining vellum properties on specific frame

art3mis

Hi

Using a Paint SOP to redefine Vellum collision properties on part of my collision mesh but I need this to happen only after a specific frame in my sim.

Should I be doing this via vex in a Point Wrangle or...?

Edited by art3mis

33 minutes ago, art3mis said:

...Beginning to think i should be doing Vellum entirely in DOPs moving forward...

you don't need to, if you are using Vellum Solver SOP, just dive inside and you are in DOPs, so you can add POP Wrangle DOP there and you are set

• Like 1

once again, ask question....but don't upload anything to show your effort so far...No, I don't need your actual production file, just a SIMPLE test file to show where you are up to...the problems you are facing.

If you would bother to do very simple proof of concept test, you'd find it's incredibly simple, doesn't require that much creativity to overcome the problem. See my proof of concept here...it cannot get simpler than this....took about 5 mins.

I have no problems uploading my file to help others who have posted their file to show their efforts in tackling the problem...but no, you're not getting my file....

VellumCollider.gif

1 hour ago, anim said:

you don't need to, if you are using Vellum Solver SOP, just dive inside and you are in DOPs, so you can add POP Wrangle DOP there and you are set

This works.

If you really really really want to do it in DOPs, you can do 2 things.

1. Replicate the way the Solver sop does it, pop wrangle into the second input on the vellum solver (particle forces), or

2. Attach SOP solver to post-solve, and in the SOP solver use a point wrangle on the dop_geometry node.

Both do generally the same, but you can do a little more things with the second solution. If you need to modify the geo in any way, then SOP solver is the way to go I reckon.