Cannon Fire - Match Reference and Quality / Quantity of Smoke

shiv_d

I am having a really tough time matching the reference of cannon firing from an old pirate ship. I am not able to get the smoke quality and shape or the wind that picks it up.

My sim always ends up looking too powdery or thick. If I lower dissipation then the fire or explosive part remains too long.

would be grateful for a working scene file or a setup.

Here is the reference:

Edited by shiv_d

Hi there, I replied to your post on sidefx, so I'll just copy my reply here:

" If I were you'd I'd create a scene yourself, then post your hip file if you want it to get closer to your reference. People probably aren't going to make files from scratch for you. Lowering the dissipation isn't going to help you. You want your smoke to last for a while. I'd suggest playing with the turbulence settings and use the control field to craft when the noise hits it. Then also play a lot with the initial velocity, and possibly add collision geometry for the cannon so the smoke shoots out in the right shape. Whichever method you choose, seeing your scene will help us give you advice and maybe steer you in the right direction. "

• Like 1

I didn't mean it to be harsh, OP seems to conduct themselves well in another thread. But the request is a bit out of order, IMHO. But then again maybe someone else has a scene file they've worked on and are willing to give it up.

shrug.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kleer001 said:

This is not a trivial request.

If you want to hire someone to do your work for you please see https://forums.odforce.net/forum/44-studios/  and offer a reasonable rate.

I already have hired an artist and am

paying a reasonable rate. 

I do have a scene file that I made from scratch but for high security reasons am unable to share it.

• Like 1