bounding box orient to emitter pyro

isah_voodoo

hello people.

How can I properly orient the bounding box to the emitter in h17?

In h16 I would use the position node in dops to rotate it and it worked fine... but when I  use the position node in h17 it also rotates the emitter along with it.

How can I get it to only rotate the bounding box and not the emitter in h17?

When I use the old fluid source node it works fine but the new fluid source in h17 has the problem.

thank you

bb_orient.hip

quite a bugger right?. wait till you work with vector fields. its the sopmergefield dop, i did mention a request to provide a "transform by position option".

any ways you can just use a gasfieldwrangle with a volumesample/volumesamplev to get your sources. or a sopsolver with an objectmerge sop set as "into this object" to avoid it. it shouldnt be that much of a problem

On 6/15/2019 at 8:15 AM, willow wafflebeard said:

But that wasn't the issue? Oriented bounding box(es). As in smoke trail bounding boxes following some curve being oriented instead of no orientation thus most of the time expensive and inefficient. I needed oriented bounding boxes and also found out what had worked no longer does. Like this by trzanko.

the box that i made from an instance point actually had an orientation, its defined by the @N = {1,0,0}, and @pivot, with this you can do something like that video, apart  from the resize timing.waffles.gif.20d951d5ae00899e1cbde847c7cdceb3.gif

can't share the file for this, but  like i said apart from the timing, thats all you need. mine is a little different since im creating the boxes at rest field solves, so i can plant a noise later.

Edited by willow wafflebeard
added image
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 12:10 PM, willow wafflebeard said:

the box that i made from an instance point actually had an orientation, its defined by the @N = {1,0,0}, and @pivot, with this you can do something like that video, apart  from the resize timing.

can't share the file for this, but  like i said apart from the timing, thats all you need. mine is a little different since im creating the boxes at rest field solves, so i can plant a noise later.

Nice to see it's doable. Too bad you can't share the hip. But how is the orientation grabbed in the actual dop? Are there any extra nodes or does the smokeobject actually read the orientation? Because I'm pretty sure I had orient and defined @N, @up and even @side. As pointposition that is used in the tutorial by trzanko didn't work for me which is what I tried.