Script to resume crashed render

It's quite common that Ill set off a render at night only to find out in the morning that it has crashed at some point a short way through.  Generally, if I simply restart houdini and render from where it got up to, it will continue without problem.  Not sure why this happens, but it does mean over night renders are often a gamble.  What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to have some kind of script which detects a crash, reboots houdini with the working project and takes off from the last rendered frame?  Would such an idea even be possible?

I have a Render Farm script which takes a list of hip files as an input and renders them in the desired order. If the frame is crashed, it re-runs the render. Some sort of super basic Deadline.
I guess it`s not that hard to change it for use in standalone mode (outside of Eve pipeline) if you have some basic coding skills.

33872484668_f1470dcb89_o.gif.a6cb21e672bd98db48a0a62e5dd72e2c.gif

16 hours ago, Fireandsmoke said:

Thanks. Do you know if the free version of Deadline has this functionality?

Yes. All of them, I think.

Beware that the free version on Deadline does not work with PDG because it uses a commandline submission instead of a Houdini submission. But normal Houdini submissions works fine.

Thanks for everybodys input.  Ive ended up going with the free version of Royal Render, and it has been relatively easy and effective to setup on a single machine, and I have very minimal networking skills.   For whatever reason, I was finding that the rrSerivce was not resuming my renders on a system restart, so I placed the win__rrClient.bat into the Windows startup directory to force it to start.