Need some help with RBD Packed Object

SamBolSculpt

Friends, I cry for help.

For some completely incomprehensible reason, the RBD Packed Object node in the Dop Network cannot receive data from geometry packed with Assemble. The SOP Path is spelled correctly, but no matter what I do, the objects do not appear, and an error in RigidBodySolver writes: “bulletrbdsolver: Warning: rbdpackedobject1 - / obj / particles / debris_physix / rigidbodysolver1 / bulletrbdsolver: Geometry solver ". If in Assemble to disable the Create Name Attribute, the error changes to: "Warning: rbdpackedobject1 - / obj / particles / debris_physix / rigidbodysolver1 / bulletrbdsolver: Convex hunt does not have any points."
Obviously some kind of packaging problem, but how to solve it - I can’t put my mind to it. I checked the official Houdini help, but did not find any special RBD Packed Object requirements for the objects. Someone wrote that he had the same problem solved by turning on the Assemble node, but in this case this node is already working ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

idol1.hip

axe.obj

cross.obj

Hey, someone can give me an advice about my problem? I reworked full model, but the problem still the same - "rbd packed object" ignores packed with "assemble" node shards. Maybe I shoud add some attribute? I'm new in Houdini, and that trouble paralyzed me.

You're got answer for this at another forum. Why you think you get here something different? You have wrong simstart at dopnet and its only reason your sim doesn't work. If you don't believe me there maybe you will do it here )

14 hours ago, tamagochy said:

You're got answer for this at another forum. Why you think you get here something different? You have wrong simstart at dopnet and its only reason your sim doesn't work. If you don't believe me there maybe you will do it here )

Because this answer don't work.

In another forum, I wrote that the scene should be set at 48 frames / s, not 24. And if the problem was this, believe me, it would have been solved - which I also wrote about in another forum. But they did not dig deeper there.

10 hours ago, DonRomano said:

Name attribute is missing on your packed prims. I've set it using a point wrangle, which is in red in your cross sop. Don't forget to put your file sop path to your objects back, I had to change them.

Cheers

idol1_fixed.hip

Thanks for the advice, but when I add my object to the SOP in the corrected version of the scene, I for absolutely incomprehensible reason see the same result - in RBD Packed Object it is empty, and in Null one node above the objects are present and named. I attach images if it helps.

Без имени-1.jpg

Без имени-2.jpg

Без имени-3.jpg

Edited by SamBolSculpt

The problem is that you are feeding your simulation with more and more object each frames, and you can't do this with packed prims because bullet doesn't support it, you have to have all your objects in the first frame for it to work. 

• Like 1

On 28.07.2019 at 5:02 PM, DonRomano said:

The problem is that you are feeding your simulation with more and more object each frames, and you can't do this with packed prims because bullet doesn't support it, you have to have all your objects in the first frame for it to work. 

Ok, I understood. Thanks!