Store value of points in attribute

CinnamonMetal

I know my code is not right, I'm iterating using a forEach SOP each piece, then within a point wrangler is the code below; I want to iterate over each piece and if the total number of points of each piece is less then a value export it as both a class and arbitrary attribute. Instead I get an attribute which is empty ? 

I've tried replacing detLoop with a numeric value but that doesn't work either.

int detLoop = detail(0,"iteration",0);
for(int i=detLoop;i<@numpt;i++){
    i@LargeChunk;
    i@class;
    }

Hey, sometimes there is an issue when you try to get a detail attribute from the metadata import node with vex. Try to connect it to the second input of your wrangle, and in the detail just correct it to 

int detloop = detail(1,"iteration",0);

Cheers,

7 hours ago, DonRomano said:

Hey, sometimes there is an issue when you try to get a detail attribute from the metadata import node with vex. Try to connect it to the second input of your wrangle, and in the detail just correct it to 

int detloop = detail(1,"iteration",0);

Cheers,

I'm still not getting any value for the attributes which I'm trying to write too, especially the attribute @LargeChunk. I did some modification to the code;

int detLoop = detail(1,"iteration",0);
for(int i=detLoop;i<@numpt;i++){
        if(i>1400 && i<2000){
            i@LargeChunk;
            i@class;
        }
    }

If you want to get value of attribute you have to assign some value to this attribute. Right now you just declare attributes and they equal to 0. And second, if a chunk has less then 1400 points then if condition will never happen. If you'd provide a simple scene, i think it would be more easily to help.

• Like 1