H18 - Problem Panning with Wacom

j00ey

Does anyone else have a problem panning in the viewport with H18 using a Wacom? I have an Intuos 5 Touch and my buttons are set correctly as per normal but when I try to pan it tumbles instead. I've deleted my prefs in case that was the problem but it's not...

Thanks

Hi Tim, I have Intuos 4 and it works fine.

I am on Windows 10, Houdini 18.0.287
I have quite an old driver 6.1.5-3

BTW I have another problem in H18 with my Wacom and Stroke SOP ... the stroke_pressure is always 1.0, although H17.5 works fine on the same computer.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jiri

Thanks for the note. I'll try other drivers and see if that changes anything. I'm currently using 6.3.17-3 and I'm also on Windows 10,  H18.0.287

I just opened an old scene and I can pan but not zoom so something's definitely been switched around... 

I just tried the stroke SOP and I'm also getting constant 1.0 pressure - stroke_angle is constant 0.0 and stroke_tilt is constant 90.0. Likewise H17.5 works as expected

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, got the same problem - stroke_pressure is always 1.0

tried Wacom Intuos3 and Intuos5, on three diffrent computers (win 10 all of them)

tried to enable and disable "use windows ink"

Nothing helps

Problem is definitely is on houdini 18 side - 17.5 and any other software use pressure without a problem with all tablets. But not h18

Actually filled a bug to SESI on that but no reaction yet (

Hi @Lutojar I have Intuos4 and Houdini 18.0.353

With wacom driver 6.3.38-2 I get these @stroke_pressures:

- with Use Windows Ink ON ... the pressure is recorded correctly (~0.01 - 1.0)
- with Use Windows Ink OFF ... the pressure is always full 1.0

I don`t even have to restart Houdini to get these two kind of behaviors ... I just toggle the "Use Windows Ink" in Wacom Tablet Properties.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, ikoon said:

Hi @Lutojar I have Intuos4 and Houdini 18.0.353

With wacom driver 6.3.38-2 I get these @stroke_pressures:

- with Use Windows Ink ON ... the pressure is recorded correctly (~0.01 - 1.0)
- with Use Windows Ink OFF ... the pressure is always full 1.0

I don`t even have to restart Houdini to get these two kind of behaviors ... I just toggle the "Use Windows Ink" in Wacom Tablet Properties.

Nice Catch Jiri Miratsky !  That worked for me.  Usually I would want Window Ink Off because of other behaviors associated with Window's Ink.  I didn't realize that it turned off Pressure Sensitivity in Houdini.  Not good.  Thanks for this tip!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi... I don't have the Intuos 4 but panning and zooming worked fine on my Intuos 3 once i had set the option in the Wacom Settings Manager.  I'd suggest having a look in the settings for the pen and seeing what the current setting is and see if you can change it to Pan/scroll. 

pcb assembly in usa

Edited by SmithAsani

• 3 weeks later...

It has been suggested to use the Wacom Tablet Properties window to uncheck the “use Windows ink” button to fix this problem. This works for general navigation purposes BUT it turns OFF the stroke_pressure data coming from the pen. stroke_pressure attribute will just show up as 1 in the geometry spreadsheet. 
I just bought a XP-Pen Deco 01 A4  drawing tablet (previously used a Wacom Intuos of the A6  size). Much nicer for drawing obviously than a mouse, it works just fine for Houdini. 

• 2 months later...
On 07.01.2020 at 3:30 PM, madebygeoff said:

Try opening Wacom Tablet Properties and under Grip Pen / Mapping uncheck "Use Windows Ink". That should fix it.

If only there was a check box somewhere you could uncheck "Use Windows"

Thanks!