River

DonRomano

Hey guys, here's a river I made and rendered with Redshift ! Tell me your thoughts about it !

I didn't followed Knipping tutorial cuz I can't afford it but I tried my best. I got a problem with some flicker in the refraction pass, somehow whitewater particles were disappearing and reappearing randomly, and I solved it by increasing the refraction max trace depth.

Cheers,

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Librarian said:

Beautiful

Thank you !

2 hours ago, flcc said:

Super nice

Just the texture of the central rock, a bit strange or not coherent with others stone, disturbs me a little.

Thank's ! I thought it was more realistic to have a rock without moss as it receives more water splashes.. I may change it if I re-render it someday ! 

....i think its not the stones textures, more the composition. its in nearly center of the image. and there is no movement happening, like big water interaction. either move  it out of the center or make it regarding movement more a „rock star“....lower it, so more water could interact and splashing with the stone.

maybe, you could also let the shader look more wet. 

On 24/01/2020 at 9:13 PM, tfreitag said:

....i think its not the stones textures, more the composition. its in nearly center of the image. and there is no movement happening, like big water interaction. either move  it out of the center or make it regarding movement more a „rock star“....lower it, so more water could interact and splashing with the stone.

maybe, you could also let the shader look more wet. 

Yeah I didn't think of this. I might also add wetmaps to make it look even more interesting. I'll see if I have the time to re render and add those to it :)

Cheers,