render time displacement by UV values

Hey guys.

Any idea how I could get render time displacement, based on values of points that I scattered on the surface?

This is a simple scene of what I`m trying to achieve. Basically I have sourceprimnum and uv values on points and I just need to transfer those values to UV maps I think so I could use them in redshift to drive displacement.

I tried using geomerty to bake displacement maps in COPs and it works, but original geometry is would have to be subdivided too many times and would get way too heavy for what I`m after.

Any ideas how I can do that in render time? I`m gonna use Redshift, but that doesn`t really matter.

displacement.thumb.png.44e56deb4b3fb6a44c8e4eb55097107c.png

Cheers

Janis

displacement2.hip

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Janis,

did you try to use your points as point cloud instead of transfer a value from scattered points to uv? You can save these points on a disk and read desired value from them inside a shader. I don't know if it is possible in Redshift though.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2020 at 5:18 AM, vicvvsh said:

Hey Janis,

did you try to use your points as point cloud instead of transfer a value from scattered points to uv? You can save these points on a disk and read desired value from them inside a shader. I don't know if it is possible in Redshift though.

I ended up just using Cd from geometry. so it`s ok for now. just need to subdivide geo a lot. I`ll get back to this one when I have time. as it is working for now.  

Thanks