Sign in to follow this  
Snappy_Darko

Can i import .Uasset files (UE4 assets) into Houdini? (and if yes, how?)

Just wondering if it's possible to get .Uasset files from UE4 into Houdini.  There are some free models (Paragon models) that i'd like to play around with in Houdini, but im not sure it's even possible to import them.

Thanks

since I imagine .uasset can store much more than just the geometry, I assume you may need to open them in Unreal and then export parts you need as FBX or something, or pass to Hengine Asset to process and save as whatever

Edited by anim

On 4/10/2020 at 4:26 AM, anim said:

since I imagine .uasset can store much more than just the geometry, I assume you may need to open them in Unreal and then export parts you need as FBX or something, or pass to Hengine Asset to process and save as whatever

so it means your saying it's not possible? I think I have watch this somewhere that the author copy a path from unreal engine and paste it inside houdini, I maybe wrong.

Uassets are just containers. You can unpack them with tools like UE Viewer, granted that those Uassets aren't encrypted. If you are lucky the geometry files inside are just regular FBX.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this