• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for this basic question. I am new to Houdini. 

The installation instructions state..

Copy the modeler and packages folders from the archive to the Houdini preferences folder

Where is the preference folder? I can only find these folders.. (Please see image)

Modeler.jpg.ad364dc37d45d83bbccd6b8bf0800c3f.jpg

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Just some feedback from a new user to both Houdini and Modeler not a new user to CAD. 

Having played around with it for a while I am so please that you have developed this as a decent modeler within Houdini was lacking and it was the one thing that stopped me moving over to Houdini, so for me this is a great step in the right direction.

I really think more people would start to use your Modeler if there were some proper step by step video's that go into detail each part of Modeler and one that guides you through using the app to build a model from scratch.

I know you have produced some videos, but they feel more like showreels to show the potential of what it can do rather than a hand held walk through for the many that will need it.

Just my two cents.

Feature request.

I am sure you have a lot of features requests, but maybe others have asked for this. In Houdini, to move the Pivot point for the Rotate, Move, and Size tool the procedure is not very fluid. It takes 3 manoeuvres. You have to hit "insert" move the tool then deactivate it before implementation. A slow process

In other modelling programs you just have to LMB click in the 3D Space and the tool moves to that location ready to rotate, move or size by dragging, which is much more fluid where modelling is concerned. Please see video.

Thanks

My_Video3.mp4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alexey,

thanks for your work. I am using houdini 18.5.408 and the latest modeler 2020.5.14 and I have a bug when deleting nodes with ALT+X key. It happens when beveling some edges and pressing ALT+X to delete the last node.

To reproduce:

1. Create Cube

2. Select one face

3. Inset the face

4. Extrude the selected face

5. Select the newly created edges

6. Bevel the edges

7. Press ALT+X ---> Crash

It seems selecting edges, beveling them and deleting the last node crashes houdini.

Is there a newer version of the modeler? I got only an email with version 2020.5.14 but in videos I already saw 2020.6.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Houdini7 said:

Hi Alexey,

thanks for your work. I am using houdini 18.5.408 and the latest modeler 2020.5.14 and I have a bug when deleting nodes with ALT+X key. It happens when beveling some edges and pressing ALT+X to delete the last node.

To reproduce:

1. Create Cube

2. Select one face

3. Inset the face

4. Extrude the selected face

5. Select the newly created edges

6. Bevel the edges

7. Press ALT+X ---> Crash

It seems selecting edges, beveling them and deleting the last node crashes houdini.

Is there a newer version of the modeler? I got only an email with version 2020.5.14 but in videos I already saw 2020.6.

Thanks in advance.

Just update to version >= 18.5.410

1 minute ago, Houdini7 said:

The Hose Tool is supposed to make tubes where the selected edges are? This does not work for me, only for selected faces the tubes are created for the face edges, which is surely awkward?

Select edges. Run the Duplicate tool (ctrl+D) to make open faces. Run the Hose tool

2 minutes ago, Houdini7 said:

Alexey how are your plans with modeler? Would be cool, if you could improve the whole broken curve system in houdini. In comparison to Cinema 4D and Max houdini is really poor in that context.

Curves will be improved after the 2021 release. Maybe in 2021.5. Curves should be revisited)