Hey magicians,

I'm fighting to get proper UVs to substance, I made a signage with multiple elements, each one got their UVs working.

Now I'm trying to export each uv organized and in separated UV islands, tryed uv layout but make's the UVs weird, if I change scale to "Fixed" they look good, but they dont have layout per island in the UV viewport.

hindie_ShhFQwfkiW.thumb.png.04da566e1ff98cd379fce08033a9cc3c.png

Any advice will be super helpful

Thanks!

your screenshot doesn't show uv layout so it's hard to tell what you are asking about

since you have checked target attribute I assume you have valid i@udim attribute present on your geo, are you saying it's not populating your islands to udims accordingly or what is the question?

Hey @anim, when I plug uv layout as default I get this:

peEd6ZWN0j.png.38a1f8caf45d47208fd74c082419cc99.png

Then i tried setting UDIM and making an attribute (saw this on a tutorial) but it doesnt work, not sure if im missing something:

hindie_q63Nx9DWvv.thumb.png.b8f9622b59a65a0b96cb43f8ab37475b.png

hindie_9OYIiv5GYn.thumb.png.f6bcb376ca594fdb59f810f7857bdadd.png

I did another method that i saw on youtube that let you create udim on HQ meshes by separating it in colors, i believe this shows proper udim islands, so I'm trying to get something like this but with my geo that already has UVs

hindie_QRVO7K7UFb.thumb.png.6709a16ddc3b1e425533d667dcd82d91.png

So my goal is to have a udim or uv island set per element something like this:

G2appVKuTe.thumb.png.ae294b077b6f82f5d08a0b828320faf0.png

Thanks!

images are generally bad at conveying this sort of issues, anyway here is a file with 2 methods

- uv layout, which can use i@udim attribute to lay islands out into udims, but changes incoming layout within uv tile

- however if you are happy with layout within uv tile you can just offset uv islands into particular udims using simple vertex wrangle: 

int udim = prim(0, "udim", @primnum);
v@uv %= 1;
v@uv.x += (udim - 1001) % 10;
v@uv.y += floor((udim - 1001) / 10);

obviously the udim has to have the same value per the whole island

ts_place_uvs_to_udims.hip

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, anim said:

images are generally bad at conveying this sort of issues, anyway here is a file with 2 methods

- uv layout, which can use i@udim attribute to lay islands out into udims, but changes incoming layout within uv tile

- however if you are happy with layout within uv tile you can just offset uv islands into particular udims using simple vertex wrangle: 

v@uv %= 1;

Master! this works beautifully, digging the wrangle solution you did. Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the time making the hip, appreciate it! time to keep making some procedural signages, cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2020 at 9:42 AM, anim said:

v@uv %= 1;

Very useful! Thank you!