Jump to content

A simple, robust setup for vellum and bullet interaction


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

While it's not super critical, it does seem like the collision version of the objects lag behind the actual location of the RBD objects in the simulation. I tried adding a time shift $F-1 and $F+1, but that didn't seem to fix it.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I think (guess?) it is an effect of how the DOPS black box processes sims. I messed around with the order of inputs, but either the cloth or the RBD would be a frame out of sync. It seemed to work better solving the RBD stuff after the cloth, so I left it at that. But in the end, if you grab the output of both objects at once from the DOP node, everything seems to line up with no interpenetrations. (if you check the object merge tab of the DOP node, the vellum object and bullet object are what's being exported).





Edited by KarlRichter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...