Problems using Renderman and Arnold packages together

haggi

Hi,

I try to install Renderman and Arnold at the same time in my Houdini Indie 18.5.351 using package json files. Unfortunately I cannot use both together. I attached the json files if anyone want to have a look. If I only use Renderman, it works fine, if I only use Arnold it works fine, as soon as I try to use both, I get errors like this if I create a new geometry:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/haggi/htoa/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/scripts/obj/geo.py", line 3, in <module>
    htoa.properties.initArnoldProperties(kwargs['node'])
  File "C:/Users/haggi/htoa/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/scripts/python\htoa\properties.py", line 167, in initArnoldProperties
    addArnoldProperties(node)
  File "C:/Users/haggi/htoa/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/htoa-5.5.0.0_r5b05c8c_houdini-18.5.351/scripts/python\htoa\properties.py", line 111, in addArnoldProperties
    node.parm('ar_matte').setExpression('ch("vm_matte")')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setExpression'

And the render rop node is missing a lot of necessary settings. Maybe anyone has some experience with this and can give me a hint what I can do?

Arnold.json

Renderman.json

Thanks, indeed using only the houdini.env file seems to work. But I hoped to solve it with json package files. The main problem seems to be that the Renderman paths somehow modify the Arnold paths and adding "prepend" or "append" methods to the path variables seems not to work. Well it seems that Houdini is reading the package files in an alphabetical order and so I renamed Arnold.json to ZArnold.json and now it seems to work :) .

• 7 months later...