Slow Flipbook

Helloooo - 

Since using 18.5.499 every single flipbook generation I have done, has been super slow? That being said, it may be my own fault. I've created countless files with different $JOB / $HIP folders. Using the image magick + ffmpeg exporting hack after I flipbook. But creating the flipbook... even if there's barely any geometry, is taking 30 seconds a frame?... Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thanks !

Hey,

I reported a similar issue to SideFX. Even with nearly empty scenes I had really slow flipbooks. It tuned out to be a licensing issue. I was using the Online license server (use SideFX as My License server) in the license administrator. Switching to local license server fixed the issue. 

Hope it helps !

• 6 months later...
On 14/04/2021 at 11:27 AM, br1 said:

Hey,

I reported a similar issue to SideFX. Even with nearly empty scenes I had really slow flipbooks. It tuned out to be a licensing issue. I was using the Online license server (use SideFX as My License server) in the license administrator. Switching to local license server fixed the issue. 

Hope it helps !

Thank you very much, it helped me a lot.
I was already kind of annoyed about it. had not stopped to search. but I had noticed that everything was very slow on a flipbook. even in an "empty" scene. Solved my problem... Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...