RBD collision Geometry

Mark01

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem with collision geometry in the rigidbodysolver not moving. 

I have animated geometry I am plugging into the rigidbodysolver for collisions however I am finding it is remains static when I run the sim. 

The Initial Object Type is set to 'Animated Static' (although I have tried the others)

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this collision geo moving again? 

Thanks sooooo much! :)

50 minutes ago, Mark01 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem with collision geometry in the rigidbodysolver not moving. 

I have animated geometry I am plugging into the rigidbodysolver for collisions however I am finding it is remains static when I run the sim. 

The Initial Object Type is set to 'Animated Static' (although I have tried the others)

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this collision geo moving again? 

Thanks sooooo much! :)

save everyone's time trying to guess the problem and upload your file.

In that case, we might need some more information about your setup. Some of the things that came to my mind were:
- Are you using the SOP version of the RBD solver or are you inside a dop network? (If you are inside a dopnet then the collision settings should not be on the solver node but on a separate collision or RBD object node)
- Is your moving collider animated at object level or in SOPS? (Whenever things are animated at object level they are called "animated", but if they are animated inside SOPS they are called "Deforming")

I totally get if you can't share stuff from work, just keep in mind that if we can't see or poke around at the problem we'll need a lot more info about your setup to be able to troubleshoot it :)

Edited by underscoreus