Copy to points after rbd sim

Hello :) 

I need to use a copy to points after a rbd sim, but it doesn't work...

Any idea ?

For the test, i made a simple simulation with a pig head, then create points from the simulation, and when i copy to point the same pighead, it's not working. (blue head are from the simulation, red one are the one i tried to copy on it...)

The only way i can have the correct position, is by unchecked "transform using target point orientations", but then, i loose the rotation/orientation....

Capture d'écran 2024-04-11 093912.png

pig.hiplc

It looks like, that you have to use "restxform" and "rest" attribute. It seems, that you have to reset orient (but applying the rotation from restxform first) and the pivot should be modified by rest attribute and difference of the translation from restxform and the rest (but multplied with the inverted rotation of restxform). I'm pretty sure, that there must be a simpler way but I don't know ...

pig_mod.hipnc

Edited by Aizatulin

9 minutes ago, Aizatulin said:

It looks like, that you have to use "restxform" and "rest" attribute. It seems, that you have to reset orient (but applying the rotation from restxform first) and the pivot should be modified by rest attribute and difference of the translation from restxform and the rest (but multplied with the inverted rotation of restxform). I'm pretty sure, that there must be a simpler way but I don't know ...

pig_mod.hipnc 324.68 kB · 0 downloads

transform pieces, isnt that whats you trying to do ? 

pig (1).hiplc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 2:39 PM, philippecounter said:

Hello :) 

I need to use a copy to points after a rbd sim, but it doesn't work...

Any idea ?

For the test, i made a simple simulation with a pig head, then create points from the simulation, and when i copy to point the same pighead, it's not working. (blue head are from the simulation, red one are the one i tried to copy on it...)

The only way i can have the correct position, is by unchecked "transform using target point orientations", but then, i loose the rotation/orientation....

Capture d'écran 2024-04-11 093912.png

pig.hiplc 321.86 kB · 6 downloads

You need a transform with a pivot to do that, there are couple ways however I just try to do what you already set up there. I store both attributes @transform matrix3 + @pivot from packed DOP IO. 

Then copy it over the "copy to point" result.

Re-apply the matrix.

File attached 

pig_copy_to_pts_transform_matrix_vp.hiplc