OT: MGS2

really? I just saw it on sale at target for I think $20 (for xbox). Maybe I should pick that up... then again, when's the last time I've had time for video games :(

Although I'm looking forward to NBA Streets 2, which is comming out april 29th. B)

-Zig

a bit OT.. consoles just dont float my boat unless theres someone else playing... although, there are some fun single player games.. the infamous rockstar line of entertainment and sports games :)

OT x 2: i keep getting my butt kicked in warcraft3 ...man that ticks me off

pretty early.... might as well ramble a bit ;)

Hahah. :) Well, at least the Windows version of MGS2 is out. :)

The game is pretty intense, I think. What gives you the sweaty palm sometimes is the fact that you have to be really stealthy and when got discovered, there is that sound that make you jump if you turn it up loud enough. :D It'll be even more intense if you play it without radar. The character development can get pretty involving. Occasionally if you kill an enemy sentry without appearant reason, a conversation may pop up (after saving) to make you feel guilty.

Over all, I find MGS2 to be a tad bit too short in terms of gameplay. I just got the game on Friday, and considering that I've only been playing it for about 15 to 20 hours total, I am in the final stage trying to destroy buttload of Metal Gear RAYs. The voice acting is awesome, though some part could have been better -- especially when dealing with the emotional stuff. The story is... well... better than watching a lot of movies out there. THe whole conspiracy thinggy is just... well... really complex! This game should have received an award for best story so far. :D Even if you get this game just for the story, I say it's very well worth it.

Well, have fun!

ALex

PS: I don't usually play games. I don't even have consoles, so to speak.

PPS: Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I am hitting 500!! Someone, please, take my crown! Marc? Mike? Jens? Arctor??

The only game I play from time to time, is Jagged Alliance 2. On my computer that is and I sometimes also play Soldier of Fortune II on my brother's machine.

It's both kind of in the same direction... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, if you like MGS2 you may find this interesting.

138803.jpg

Sorry about the crappy quality of the pic, I just took a screen cap, it just takes too long to render. The model is a combination of Rhino, Houdini, and Max, it's almost done now.

And I agree, it's a great game, I've lost count of how many times I've beat it. I love messing with the guards when I have the BDU or stealth equipped. My fave parts are when you receive the blade though, it's just too bad you get it so late in the game.