Messed up deep rasters in 6?

Ok, I'm having some problems with Apprentice 6.

I was trying to add some fog to my render in COPs, so I specified the P channel in the deep rasters. When I inspect the P and Alpha channels in the COP viewer they look messed up.

Here is the render, looks fine...

130944.jpg

Here is the P channel, it's offset to the left for some reason...

130946.jpg

And here is the alpha, I don't even know wth that is...

130942.jpg

I've tried this on 3 different comps, all with the same results. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

And btw I tried this in 5.5 and the alpha channel looks ok, but it doesn't seem to render P.

can you combine the 2 colorreplace nodes? not sure how Houdini calculates things but it might make things faster...

is it just me (a friend just got a job a Meteor - so I've been drinking :wacko: ) or does the background bluring look like motion blur rather than DOF?

I like the images, Da Juice - very nice indeed. Did you formulate the displacement using VOPs or VEX?

Also, I'd like to see a better exponential fog effect on it, just to give it that added touch of realism. Of course the DOF make it seem pretty small which would counter the fog effect, but I'd rather see a larger sense of scale. I'd also assume that the better way to do it would be to apply the Fog BEFORE the DOF effect. I'm sure the munged-up Z info after DOF would make the fog less accurate.

Cheers,

J

Lol arctor, you're not that drunk, I just set the blur size higher on the Y than on the X. I through in the DoF for the hell of it, trying to see how much I can change the image. I would have done more if I new what the hell all the other COPs did. :lol: Not sure about the colorreplace thing, I wanted one of them to affect the darker shadows, and one of them to affect the greenish rocks on the left.

The displacement is just the standard vex riverbed (I really should practice some more VOPs). You're absolutely right about putting the fog before dof, I wasn't paying attention. What I was actually trying to do was shift the color values in the background to a red-ish hue, but I didn't feel like figureing out which cop did that, so I settled for additive fog which worked pretty well.

Thanks for the tips.