Fur Masterclass video

robert.magee

Side Effects is pleased to make available our Fur master class which was originally delivered at SIGGRAPH 2008.

In this master class, developer Derrick Moser introduces you to the new fur tools in Houdini 9.5. The lesson begins with a review of the artist's workflow, after which you will dive down to explore how the tools work. You will learn how fur can be customized as it goes through the rendering pipeline and how to use the new CVEX VOP context to build shaders that define the fur's appearance.

The video is a 131MB Quicktime movie that is 41 minutes long:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=305

Robert

PS: More master classes are on their way....

Thank you guys so much.

And with my recent purchase of HD. I cant wait to fur up some characters all in nice hi-def.

Thank you once again, Derrick, Robert and SESI. Things like these not only help out me and other Hoodniks but also show others that houdini pretty much has no limits.

although i am going to be busy now (with this video and learning the deeper workings of fur), may i also say im very happy that the others recordings will be released.

-andrew