Controlhandles ...

hatrick

how i can controll the smoothness ore sharpness of a nurbs ore bezier curve over a specific point ....

are there no typicall controlhandels ore something in houdini

pls

thx

You can only edit the weight of a NURBs point - and unfortunately there is no interactive way. Perhaps search for "weight" in the manuals?

You can only edit the weight of a NURBs point - and unfortunately there is no interactive way. Perhaps search for "weight" in the manuals?

maybe my englich is the reason .... bit i can`t find the values for weight in the - edit parameters panel

plese help out .... "it feels like searching the create primitive buttom"

thx

maybe my englich is the reason .... bit i can`t find the values for weight in the - edit parameters panel

plese help out .... "it feels like searching the create primitive buttom"

thx

Oh, it's an intrinsic point property - you can edit it using the Point SOP.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/nodes/sop/point

or local:

http://localhost:48626/nodes/sop/point

And you can look at the "PointExamples" example script from that HelpCard.

Oh my God, looking at the Modeling page with their NURBS description looks like it was written in Houdini 3 days when they had a Model Editor! (http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/model/nurbs)

Oh my God, looking at the Modeling page with their NURBS description looks like it was written in Houdini 3 days when they had a Model Editor! (http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/model/nurbs)

Yup, no improvments for a long time and from what I've heard from SESI there won't be any upgrades in nurbs in the near future. Well I can accept it, since houdini is not a product design software, but some fundamental improvemnts in accurancy in trims and projections might be very handy. It's a shame, to fill a gap in the workflow I had to jump constantly between rhino and houdini...

ok thx .... :blink:

so you think houdini will not improve it`s overall interactive workflows ....for example modeling with poly`s nurbs a.s.o.

i thought since v.9 things go in such a direction.

i m very new to houdini but also from a noob perspektive procedural methods could be great for product ore industrial visualisation .....and design process

.. for example when it comes to any kind of complex struktures a.s.o. , ... the "nature = math thing ?!"

combo of interactivity and proceduralism would be great....

(xsi - ice ?!)

may there`s a lot of missunderstanding at my side but i thought houdini`s more than a tool only for technical directors ...

Q. Can I build my production pipeline exclusively in Houdini?

A. Yes you can. Houdini is being used by studios for all parts of the production pipeline. Working exclusively in Houdini has the advantage of better integration of assets and a consistent flow of data. If you choose to work this way then you will also be able to take advantage of Houdini

ok thx .... :blink:

so you think houdini will not improve it`s overall interactive workflows ....for example modeling with poly`s nurbs a.s.o.

i thought since v.9 things go in such a direction.

i m very new to houdini but also from a noob perspektive procedural methods could be great for product ore industrial visualisation .....and design process

.. for example when it comes to any kind of complex struktures a.s.o. , ... the "nature = math thing ?!"

combo of interactivity and proceduralism would be great....

(xsi - ice ?!)

may there`s a lot of missunderstanding at my side but i thought houdini`s more than a tool only for technical directors ...

Q. Can I build my production pipeline exclusively in Houdini?

A. Yes you can. Houdini is being used by studios for all parts of the production pipeline. Working exclusively in Houdini has the advantage of better integration of assets and a consistent flow of data. If you choose to work this way then you will also be able to take advantage of Houdini's Digital Asset technology for referencing and general scene management.[/i]

Well. let's not exaggerate this thing. We talk about single handle for an attribute which is there. Houdini is interactive application just like XSI, it's just 15x more reach with procedural tools.

For example, whole business with weights for Nurbs would have sense if renderer that gonna render it, supports it properly. Assumtion is that if you provide a primitive in your features-reach application, you also provide a way to render it, and not leave your costumer with nice-but-useless-thing.

I think (am I confusing something here?) Mantra used to had problem with weighted curves, so SESI removed support for it from interface. If you inspect Object level Path, you will find weights handles there helping you shape a path. But path is not what you're rendering, is it?

Now, show me the way to render goodies you get with ice? Ice is like a 10% of all Houdini's architecture. Houdini seamlessly joins technology for modeling, simulating, shading and rendering. If there is an entity in Houdini it is supposed to be supported in all areas of it. This is a beauty you won't get anywhere else.

Edited by SYmek