Blast Off with Houdini 10!!

Does anybody know how to turn off (not only collapse, OFF) this new bar with color, sticky... options ? Is it possible ?

EDIT: Or maybe I should ask, how to BLAST OFF this new bar ? :)

The gear menu to the top right of the network pane>show network editor toolbar.

Dragos

I use mac os. I see this in stdout after start houdini:

2009-04-18 00:45:14.627 houdini[189:10b] invalid drawable
2009-04-18 00:45:14.634 houdini[189:10b] invalid drawable
2009-04-18 00:45:14.635 houdini[189:10b] invalid drawable

And I can't change target parameter in RenderMan ROP.

Does anybody know how to turn off (not only collapse, OFF) this new bar with color, sticky... options ? Is it possible ?

Click on the new Gear icon in the top-right corner of the Network View pane. This is the right-mouse menu when in empty space. Turn off Show Network Editor Toolbar. Now save your desktop (Windows > Desktop > Save Current Desktop).

• 2 weeks later...
I've just tried it a short time, but it feels A LOT more stable now on OS X. I don't know what you did, but I have much less flickering menus and weird graphical hiccups.

Also, it feels a lot faster.

Good job. :)

SESI spent a _lot_ of time modifying the OpenGL in Houdini 10, specifically to address OSX issues but I think it helps Linux users too. I've not used OSX but we're starting to integrate it into our Linux studio and it's great that it's on OSX as an option.

Houdini 10.0.263 on Linux is the most stable "point oh" release I've seen from SESI in a very long time, I haven't had a crash in H10 or in Mantra 10 in months. Of course, having said that, I'll go to work tomorrow and it'll crash :)

Cheers,

Peter B