spriteCrowd & Stuff

rob

I have made some changes and I think its about ready to roll out for people to hack around with.Its had a run out in a commercial that I worked on.This being the mk2 version.

You can with it : - off set your crowd , add position noise , define a start point for a sequence and end point with random offsets, cull sprite points. There is a feature turned off currently that concerned writing out the point data and auto naming your data by shot as I had difficulty writing out and then reading in and rendering sprites. I've given 10 or so loops of 200 frames to play with. The shader is a custom one and thanks go to David K for that.

hosted here

http://www.pointy.tv/odforceftp/rse_HordeCrowd_project.rar

r

Edited by rob

More stuff : My attempt at reflection occlusion : :rolleyes: I was lucky enough to work next to a total guru on my last job who was kind enough to share his shader skills not sure if its all rubbed off.

A test scene plus a a Vop.otl that can produce Refelection Occlusion plus Occlusion , refer to the help.

r

post-1566-1244077639_thumb.jpg

post-1566-1244077674_thumb.jpg

rse_surfaceOccl9.5_02.hip

rse_rflOccVop.otl

Edited by rob

• 2 weeks later...

cornell box scene for people to muck with : - set up with a ROP for Micro Polgon PBR

Default materials :- glass , chrome , clay shaders, etc with 1 default area light.

First examples are the microPolygon PBR for some reason the diffuse limit does not give me large increases in bounced light from a value of 2 to 5 there's hardly any difference. I just get more noise the higher the value.

post-1566-1246413878_thumb.jpg

cornell_box_02.hip

post-1566-1246415182_thumb.jpg

post-1566-1246416518_thumb.jpg

post-1566-1246417587_thumb.jpg

Edited by rob

Just a little something I am working on . Its a sprite crowd tool that reads in a strip of looping people.

Great work !!

I'm actually trying to make a flock of birds. I have one bird animated in its place with just the wings flapping wriiten to disk as bgeoos which i read and then I copy them as instances on to particles . I was wondering how I can read the bird anim at random frames ?

thanks