Forum bugs/skin issues

Hey all.

ok so the new skin is mostly up for your viewing pleasure. Over the next week or so I'll be going in and cleaning up the bits that are left.

Please feel free to post any problems you have in the odforce suggestion forum and I'll do my best to get to them all as promptly as I can.

So please enjoy the new forum and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Marc & the odforce team.

Yeah there have been issues with the colours. My laptop is in a colourspace unknown to everything else. So when I make things on there, then its basically a guess as to what its going to look like here.

Things will definitely be ironed out in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Marc

I imagine everyone will have a different take on this though. So with that caveat in mind, here's my personal pluses/minuses on it:

+ Since when did the title take you to the front page? I really like that. :)

+ I like the icon for unread messages in a forum

+ I like the curved lines

- The new skin seems slightly "busier" than it needs to be. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on those buttons with the extra "fuzz" on the bottom but personally, I would rather see "cleaner" icons. I mean stuff like in the "add reply", "new topic", "new poll", etc buttons.

- I'm not sure I like the colour inversion when posting a new message. Not sure what to suggest though. I kinda like it if the background colour where I type the new message is in white for higher contrast.

- Should the colour of the "Help", "Search", "Members", "Calendar" links at the top when the mouse runs over them be in "white" for consistency and higher contrast?

- we need different background colours for the icons people have picked now. :)

Hmm ... I'm running Mozilla 1.7 on Windows XP. The "mark this forum as read" link no longer seems to work. After clicking on it once, it seems to work. However, then I go read another forum and mark it as read again. However now when it jumps back to the forum front page, the previously marked forum is "unread" again.

i really like the layout and new features but I agree he colours are a too much :)

i was thinking of this a while ago - here seems like the place to suggest it - an oforce logo competition anyone interested? B)

hi,

the design is very nice and clearly, but the colors are  :blink: .

maybe a little bit less saturated.

12992[/snapback]

Yeah, colour is a major issue at the moment. I feel a little annoyed that they're so wrong.. <_<. eh well...

+ Since when did the title take you to the front page? I really like that. :)

Since now, the forum will be fully integrated with the new site... When the new site arrives, that is :)

+ I like the icon for unread messages in a forum

+ I like the curved lines

Thanks..

- The new skin seems slightly "busier" than it needs to be. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on those buttons with the extra "fuzz" on the bottom but personally, I would rather see "cleaner" icons. I mean stuff like in the  "add reply", "new topic", "new poll", etc buttons.

- I'm not sure I like the colour inversion when posting a new message. Not sure what to suggest though. I kinda like it if the background colour where I type the new message is in white for higher contrast.

- Should the colour of the "Help", "Search", "Members", "Calendar" links at the top when the mouse runs over them be in "white" for consistency and higher contrast?

- we need different background colours for the icons people have picked now. :)

12993[/snapback]

Colour issues duly noted :). I'll be going over the whole site again this week and fixing any colour issues. My laptop is a piece of crap with regards to colour. oh, and which buttons are you referring to exaclty?

Hmm ... I'm running Mozilla 1.7 on Windows XP. The "mark this forum as read" link no longer seems to work. After clicking on it once, it seems to work. However, then I go read another forum and mark it as read again. However now when it jumps back to the forum front page, the previously marked forum is "unread" again.

12995[/snapback]

This kind of thing was a problem in the previous version of the software too. I'll look into it and see if there's a fix (or at least a bug report).

Marc

P.S. You'll notice the quote colours are off too. I'll be fixing them as well.

12993[/snapback]

These two are fixed for now. I reserve the right to change them in the future :)

This kind of thing was a problem in the previous version of the software too. I'll look into it and see if there's a fix (or at least a bug report).

No, I'm pretty sure that's not the case as I've been browsing like this every single day for untold months.

When you're inside a fourm, there's the image links to do "add reply", "new topic", "new poll".

13028[/snapback]

oh... so you don't like the "add reply" etc. buttons? hmmm :). Jason told me he likes them.

I'll see if I can come up with something else... but, well... it may not happen too quickly.

Gotta fix everything else first. B)

l8r

Marc

If the 'lo-fi' version had an indication of threads and sections that I haven't read yet, I'd probably go for that version (maybe the main forum page spiffed up a just a slight bit).

Not that I don't like some of the stuff you've done Marc... but I'm just a minimalist, I guess.

If the 'lo-fi' version had an indication of threads and sections that I haven't read yet, I'd probably go for that version (maybe the main forum page spiffed up a just a slight bit).

Not that I don't like some of the stuff you've done Marc... but I'm just a minimalist, I guess.

13045[/snapback]

I must admit I like the Lo-Fi version myself if there was indication of unread posts.

WOW!

I went undrground on some R&D for a little while there, and I come back to a totally new oddy!

Nice work Marc! I like it! :D

I have to check now; but the only thing that used to bother me before was that "code" blocks were always displayed with a proportional font (instead of unispace). If that's still true, then I guess I'd like to put a request for a change :P ... (I'll go and check it now)

Once again; good work!

Cheers!

Yeah, you should be able to. Some of the settings didn't get upgraded with the forum script, that being one of them.

If you find a forum that you need to upload to, PM me and I'll fix it.

Thanks

marc

P.S. Glad you like it Mario.. let me know about the font thing, I could look into it.