Exacly acey195

I isolate a frame, used a uvproject to that and apply a image on color point using a VopPoint..., after that I passed that Cd  point attribute to the poins of simulation with a Point Op..and from point to fluid mesh with a attribute transfer.

But the hardest work is on simulation, can1 die or birth any particles, the count of particle that start the simulation, most to be EXACLLY the same when finish.

Edited by vhalldez
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks eetu and vhalldez.

Im opening Eetu's .hip but not seeing the colored image in the liquid, and wondering what is wrong.. I'm noticing that at the particlefluidsurface node the geo spreadsheet is showing the Cd attributes to all be at 1.0.  Shouldn't the values from the attribute copy prior be transferring thru to this node?

23 hours ago, Fireandsmoke said:

Thanks eetu and vhalldez.

Im opening Eetu's .hip but not seeing the colored image in the liquid, and wondering what is wrong.. I'm noticing that at the particlefluidsurface node the geo spreadsheet is showing the Cd attributes to all be at 1.0.  Shouldn't the values from the attribute copy prior be transferring thru to this node?

Ah I've worked this out, I had removed the Bypass on the FluidCompress.  Why was the fluidcompress bypassed?

For such a simple little effect this is giving me no end of headaches as a newb.  I have tried to copy eetus example in making my own, but getting this problem where the texture scrambles after a few seconds.  Any ideas?  I'm lost!
giphy.gif

This was happening bebause total number of points was changing, do you solver this transfering the Cd for simulation mathing by id (a parameter of AttributeFromMap Sop), or make sure that particles dont die (a parameter of Fluidsolver make particle alive after cross contaioner limits, I dont remeber now the name)

Look that, the bug star after fluid rise, perhaps was crossing container limits and dying, tray make conteiner highter.

And rememnger, the image is applyed on the particles of simulation, not on the fluid mesh.

9 hours ago, vhalldez said:

"you solver this transfering the Cd for simulation mathing by id (a parameter of AttributeFromMap Sop)"

Thanks for the reply Valdez,

I've just spent another hour combing through eetus hip, inside the attributefrommap SOP and then inside the VOP SOP, comparing to mine and cannot see where or how this matching ID exists.  Would you mind kindly explain the steps precisely in this part?  What do I need to do to match by ID? 
Thank you so much for your help, sorry for being so ignorant :(

2 hours ago, vhalldez said:

Sorry, this parameter was in attributeCopy Dop..called Attribute to Match", abble it and white "id"..so, the point color will be transfered based on id particle, and not on the particle number..

yes!  Thank you that worked!  Thank you so much Valdez, your help is greatly appreciated.  

The reason I did not find this is because eetu's project does not contain this setting.  So Im curious how is he matching those IDs?

For examplo, if the particle with number point 1 die, another particle randomly in simulation now has this number 1...so if a color was applyed to it, when randomly change, mess everything.
the id is:
When a particle birth, it gets a id number that never will be repeated in another particle of simulation,the particle can exist any more, your id number still unusable.
 if apply the color based on id number, particles can birth of die, the color aways still where you want.

Thanks again Valdez, that explanation makes sense.  What I was wondering though is in Eetu's .hip, how did he match color to ID because he did not do the same method as you suggest.  He did not enable ID in the attributeCopy Dop, Attribute to Match.  How else was it done??  I went through his project file many times but couldn't work it out.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 1:59 PM, Fireandsmoke said:

Thanks again Valdez, that explanation makes sense.  What I was wondering though is in Eetu's .hip, how did he match color to ID because he did not do the same method as you suggest.  He did not enable ID in the attributeCopy Dop, Attribute to Match.  How else was it done??  I went through his project file many times but couldn't work it out.  

Hi! it's been a while since I did it, now looking at the hip I don't really seem to match the IDs, that is correct :)  As it is, it works when new particles are added, but not if some particles are deleted.

If you delete particles you would indeed need to to enable the Attribute to Match in Attribute Copy SOP. Although, as the system uses the last frame to copy attributes from, if you are deleting particles along the way, they will not exist in the last frame and their state is in that way undefined earlier in the animation..