prototype_material

mrice

Hi guys

I've been working on and off on an idea for another ubershader, and I think its at the point where someone else might find it useful. There's more I have planned, but it would be great to get some feedback at its current stage.

I'll be adding some more to it as well as optimizing it soon, although from my tests so far the vex compiler seems to be doing a pretty good job so the performance is not too bad...

You can find the otl, binaries, source, and a screencapture overview here.

There are many things not covered in the video so if you have any questions, ask away.

post-3497-126619695853_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the nice words everyone :D

(ps... haven't tried it myself, but i think i heard somewhere that if you upload it to the exchange, they will turn it into a commercial version for you)...

I've had a few questions about the otl. I don't think the lgpl license of the simplexnoise library is compatible with the exchange's terms, but I could try uploading just the otl there and seeing if it magically becomes commercial :)

I twill try asap but does it have a option to linearize the texture maps

You could do it in-shader by connecting the texture to a modifier set to "color correct", and do your inverse gamma there. This isn't a great idea AFAIK because you might have issues when mantra is interpolating across mipmap levels.

The "right" way would be to use the "convert to rat" utility under the settings tab, there's an option to set gamma there, and you can convert multiple textures at once.

• Like 1

There are some quirks with the oren-nayer model. Try turning on raytrace shadows on the light.

Another thing you might run into is that shooting photons doesnt work on surfaces shaded with oren-nayer, so you would need to switch the surface to lambert when creating a photon map.

There are some quirks with the oren-nayer model. Try turning on raytrace shadows on the light.

Another thing you might run into is that shooting photons doesnt work on surfaces shaded with oren-nayer, so you would need to switch the surface to lambert when creating a photon map.

You mean diffuse model has to be lambert ?I am using PBR which shadows are on by default and no photo shootng involved.

thx