Read me!

Marc

Not sure if people don't read the announcements forum or not. But if you missed it then please go read this now:

We've had very little response, which either means it's awesome, or you're all waiving your rights to complain once the changes are rolled out.

Either way, I'm good ;).

M

• Like 1

shoooot ! 2012 is running out .

just make sure you copied this site in two different disk drives , or more ;)

--

short question : when the change will start to take place ?

a shorter one : will there still be online the old site ( for some time ) under maybe another address .. { sugg. : oldforce.net }

long question : what really survives and what not in account 's context ?

thats it for now , GoodLuck !

I've updated the announcement since it seems like I wasn't that clear.

The url given is for testing purposes only. Once the testing period is over then we'll be upgrading the main site. All posts etc. will remain and will just be upgraded to the new forum.

Thanks

M

oh, and one more thing. The gallery will be completely overhauled. All images currently in the gallery will not be rolled into the new one. So if anyone has any images they'd like to save, then get them now and please feel free to add them once the new gallery system is in place.

M

We've had very little response, which either means it's awesome, or you're all waiving your rights to complain once the changes are rolled out.

I don't think it's feasible to really know what's good and what's not until people use it regularly for awhile. I'm always for more releases and quicker iterations.

i didnt like the new changes, i think i like as is actually :) dont change it.

Would you like to expand on that a little? I understand that with everything there is resistance to change, I can probably dig up some posts from when we upgraded/redesigned the last time and a bunch of people complained. A few weeks later no-one could remember what they liked about the old site anymore.

But having said that the changes are coming, there is no stopping them. Now is your chance to voice any concerns you may have.

M

I don't think it's feasible to really know what's good and what's not until people use it regularly for awhile. I'm always for more releases and quicker iterations.

Which is why I'm encouraging people to go in there and mess about :)

I like the Coders Corner how it is now better than placing Shading, HDK and Scripting a level deeper. I like to skim the "last post info" column from the root level of the forum. If these topics are buried a level deeper, we'll have to click down to see the latest posts. ( I know they'll still be listed @ the root, but it won't always be clear which topic posts fall under)

Also, will HDK continue to have ODE, Bullet and Ocean as sub-forums?

I like the new look though.

Thanks,

Alan

I like the Coders Corner how it is now better than placing Shading, HDK and Scripting a level deeper. I like to skim the "last post info" column from the root level of the forum. If these topics are buried a level deeper, we'll have to click down to see the latest posts. ( I know they'll still be listed @ the root, but it won't always be clear which topic posts fall under)

Also, will HDK continue to have ODE, Bullet and Ocean as sub-forums?

I like the new look though.

Thanks,

Alan

Hey Alan

Good comments, thanks. I was attempting to streamline the main page so that it was easier to find topics that you were interested in, but certainly the intent is not to lose any needed functionality along the way. I'm not certain that having an ODE and Bullet subforum are that relevant anymore so I was just planning on rolling those posts over into the main HDK forum. HOT should stay though.

I'll think on this and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks

M