CG Evolution/Film Revolution: A Q+A with Steve "Spaz" Williams

michael

Being an Autodesk site, no wonder they completely omit The Wild.

well, they actually did post something about The Wild, though i know it's hard for punks like yourself to understand the evolution of this medium. seeing as though when we were inventing it, you weren't even born, smart ass

Except for this paragraph:

You took a break from commercials and Directed Disney's The Wild, how was that experience?

Great in many ways, horrible in others. I am not cut out to deal with certain types of individuals that run large Hollywood studios. I have checkered teeth, I smell like a Slim Jim and enjoy crushing nerdy executive hands. Not a good combination for getting your foot in the door in "Hollywood". Look what Hollywood has done to computer graphics .... turned her into a slutty sister!

well, they actually did post something about The Wild, though i know it's hard for punks like yourself to understand the evolution of this medium. seeing as though when we were inventing it, you weren't even born, smart ass

Welcome to the forum Steve :) . I believe he was referencing the lack of coverage on the Wild and was hoping there would be more. But since it's an Autodesk site they obviously couldn't go into too much detail.

M

I've heard a few horror stories from various productions, its a shame a lot of them usually take place on animated features. Wonder if it was the same when 2d was more prevalent?

Btw love the blockbuster ad, cant believe that was 2001/2?

I believe he was referencing the lack of coverage on the Wild and was hoping there would be more. But since it's an Autodesk site they obviously couldn't go into too much detail.

Exactly.

All those years that passed didn't seem to do anything useful to your wisdom, it seems.

• Like 1

Being an Autodesk site, no wonder they completely omit The Wild.

As the author of this article, someone that spent 2 years working on The Wild (and proud of it), a Houdini user, and an Autodesk employee, I can assure you there is no intent on leaving anything related to The Wild (or the 300 or so other projects by Spaz that I didn't comment on). If I even tapped in to 10% of what was discussed with Spaz for this article, it would be a book.

Edited by CBarr
  • Like 2

Hey Craig

Thanks for the post. To be honest I think it's cool that you mentioned the Wild at all (being an Autodesk site and all), and it makes complete sense why that part of the article focused on the production side.

Either way, thanks for the interview it was a great read.

M

• 2 weeks later...