scatter based on color Cd problem

Without an example hip file, it's hard to say for sure. But is does your cube have any divisions greater than 1? The Paint node allows you to paint per-point, so if you have very low or no divisions on your cube the painted color would get stretched / interpolated to the closest neighboring point.

Without an example hip file, it's hard to say for sure. But is does your cube have any divisions greater than 1? The Paint node allows you to paint per-point, so if you have very low or no divisions on your cube the painted color would get stretched / interpolated to the closest neighboring point.

my box example has alot of divisions so thats not it.

Here is my example.

paint problem.hip

Edited by dennisvolkerts

Hello Dennis!

About the paint problem it does work just fine for me. I tried several times to paint the cube in different colors and there was no snapping or so. I would probably check your preferences for any snapping or graphics. But it seems weird.

The problem of the scattering not working is because "cd" isn't an Attr but "Cd" is :). Easy to forget

Cheers,

Hudson

post-9297-0-82256300-1368090879_thumb.pn

paint problem_fixed.hip

Hello Dennis!

About the paint problem it does work just fine for me. I tried several times to paint the cube in different colors and there was no snapping or so. I would probably check your preferences for any snapping or graphics. But it seems weird.

The problem of the scattering not working is because "cd" isn't an Attr but "Cd" is :). Easy to forget

Cheers,

Hudson

Hi Hudson and Sashu.

Thnx!! that was realy stupid!!! :)

that part works now.

but my paint node still acts weird!

I have uploaded a screencapture:

http://youtu.be/vWZxMPmxkew

I got the latest daily build

Hi Dennis!

On the box parameter pane you should find a checkbox : Consolidate Corner points.

If you uncheck that, the paint node should work as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's meant to behave?

Matt.

Hi Dennis!

On the box parameter pane you should find a checkbox : Consolidate Corner points.

If you uncheck that, the paint node should work as expected. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it's meant to behave?

Matt.

Thnx man!!! i have searched for hours now!!

couldnt find it in the paint node

Thnx alot!!

A quick solution now would be to create a varmap for the color (Create attribute Cd) and then remove all the points with a delete sop

$CDX > 0.5
[/CODE]

And then scatter around that.

It seems that there is something wrong with your geo that your are scattering on. Switch it around with some other geo and you'll see that it will work.

Edited by WesleyE

on your geonetry you have 2 Cd attributes

one is primitive one point

scatter prioritizes primitive attribute to generate distribution so it seems to you that it isn't working

simply insert Attribute SOP before Scatter SOP and write Cd into Primitive/Delete Attributes to remove primitive Cd and therefore force Scatter SOP to use point Cd which you've painted

A quick solution now would be to create a varmap for the color (Create attribute Cd) and then remove all the points with a delete sop

$CDX > 0.5
[/CODE]

And then scatter around that.

It seems that there is something wrong with your geo that your are scattering on. Switch it around with some other geo and you'll see that it will work.

wesley... the mesh i used is a sphere based on normal houdini sphere... i cant upload my model, but even on the sphere it doesnt work... any idea?

Exactly. See attached. I'm lazy and using a prim SOP, but the action is still the same.

Thnx guys!!

Yeah... voronoi Visualize pieces multiple times was the problem!!!

Using the primitive sop worked for me! or just disabling the visualise pieces..

How to work with the attribute sop for fixing this?

How to work with the attribute sop for fixing this?

it really doesn't matter what you use to remove primitive Cd attribute, but for Attribute SOP usage do what was said before

simply insert Attribute SOP before Scatter SOP and write Cd into Primitive/Delete Attributes to remove primitive Cd and therefore force Scatter SOP to use point Cd which you've painted

scatter Cd.hipnc

• 2 months later...