Viscosity using Colour?!

Guest frostbite

Guest frostbite

Hello fellow Houdini users!

I am testing out some 'viscosity by colour' in Flip. But unfortunately I haven't been able to do it yet. Can please someone help me on this? I know this should be simple enough. Painting the source and calling the grouped attribute back in DOPs something something?   :) 

Here is an example of what I am basically looking for - http://vimeo.com/70503117 

Cheers! 

Guest frostbite

Thanks Kleer for the reply. Just preparing a scene file. Give me 5. Also I would much prefer the method with SOP Solver because I want to learn more about it. Be right back with the file.  :)

Guest frostbite

There you go. Here is the scene file. Basically I have painted the area red where I want really low viscosity and the area which is not painted is the area with very high viscosity. Would love to know the workflow of this.  :)

Cheers!

vis_test.hip

Edited by frostbite

Guest frostbite

Thanks a lot Skybar and Neil! I solved it. Used a SOP Solver to call all the data from the SOP and using it in DOPs. Works pretty well. :)

Neil your setup is interesting. Thanks for sharing the hip.  :wub:

-frost

Edited by frostbite