Brick/Stone Wall - Broken Horizontals

michael

You guys are rocking!

Hey, Vladimir. I've missed this topic. So many monthes are gone, but I'll try to open your file and learn it any way very soon. Thank you. Your labirynth looks great: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/22282-labyrinth/#entry132644

Month ago I've done some different approach, which I've updated here: http://forums.odforce.net/topic/23931-how-you-would-model-a-stone-wall/#entry140562 

Hey, Lorne, some gorgeous structure. You could actually crush it with something. And thanks for the explanation.  :)

• 10 months later...

Fantastic stuff, trandzik!
I have some questions about hda creation... how can you change the default range of Height and Width Num?
Or rather... why are the range values under "edit parameter interface" greyed out?

Solved... (sorry noob)... these ranges work in the sub-schematic source. I was trying to edit them up top. My bad.

Edited by stickman
solved!

1 hour ago, stickman said:

Fantastic stuff, trandzik!
I have some questions about hda creation... how can you change the default range of Height and Width Num?
Or rather... why are the range values under "edit parameter interface" greyed out?

Solved... (sorry noob)... these ranges work in the sub-schematic source. I was trying to edit them up top. My bad.

Thanks stickman. Yes you are right, I guess you need to change range also on attribute wrangle node that is inside hda.

Just playing around with beveling and remeshing. Stumbling over making a boolean of the forms for the mortar... as an option for destructable wall. I'm to noob to be doing things right, but if you want me to share, lemme know.
This is very cool stuff!

• 1 year later...

Did the voronoi SOP lose the cluster functionality in H17? Following this tinytuts example on voronoi fractures isn't possible with H17's current voronoi SOP. 

I found an orbolt asset that has some of the functionality of the old voronoi SOP, but it's not totally compatible in H17. Any ideas?

Hey, was playing with this the other day, and like you found the old trick broke in h17. I did a quick workaround for the problem, but your post reminded me to have a closer look.

As always, there's probably a neater way, but this seems to work pretty well and is relatively speedy.

The idea is to use a cluster points sop as before, and in the new voronoi fracture make sure it transfers @cluster to the prims.

You can then do a for loop over the prims, using @cluster as the name, and do whatever you wanna do. In my case I just run a fuse, and with the planar case also remove interior faces and excess inline points. Afterwards you can run a polyextrude or whatever, it should behave as expected.

voronoi_cluster_h17.hip

voronoi_cluster_h17.gif.8d406617b967e4039bc72279064749c8.gif

• Like 3

• 3 years later...