rich_lord

Learning DOPS, motors, constraints etc

I was experimenting with ways to add the spring asset I made post sim. It was a little tricky to extract the spring constraints and replace them, but I cracked it eventually. I also did a very un-houdini-like test where I just copied the spring asset a bunch of times and attached it to an old bit of geo I had lying around.

Sorry about the colors on this one. I don't really give it much thought before I hit the render button and go to bed.

I posted the hips here. As always, most have ROPs that will need to be re-rendered to see anything. I also locked the geo into the scenes, so they are heavier than usual.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is useful to anyone else, but I often find that I need some simple shapes to run experiments on, but I never bother to apply consistent uv's. So I started a hip file which has some common shapes in it already uv'd.

They all retain a uv size where 1m equals 0-1 in uv space. You can easily then scale the uvs after if you want a different rez. 

There's also one in there that just takes a faceted model and splats consistent uvs on each facet.

Theres loads more I want to add, but I thought I'd just make a handful and see how useful I found them.

Heres where you can get the hip - http://richardlord.tumblr.com/post/172592883216/shape-library-i-needed-a-bunch-of-shapes-that-were

2018_04_04_Shape_Library.thumb.jpg.245d4ef8299c66d58849fecc71b7eaa1.jpg

Edited by rich_lord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I found this lying around on my hard drive and wanted to throw it up so it didn't get lost. Its a simple effect with VDBs cutting away a surface, then using those cut points to render concentric circles at render time. I've seen this effect before. This is my attempt at it. Hips can be got over here. Don't forget to re-render the ROPs that generate the point data for mantra. Otherwise you'll get a black surface at render time.

errode.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heres the latest rbd experiment I did. It's some motors being driven by a sine wave at the same pace as a piece of music. The music and images line up pretty nice I think. I was surprised!

• Like 3

Rich, just to let you know Tumblr puts a massive data sharing wall in your website and I would dare to suggest you move your stuff somewhere else. Many of us won't be signing to Tumblr due to the privacy concerns and massive data gathering for user profiling they do.

Anyway, just though you may want to know.

Cheers

Ok thanks @jordibares. Wasn't a lot of thought given to where to put these when I started. Now I use it more, I should probably move to somewhere else. Any suggestions?