FLIP - Awaken by Geometry

ParticleSkull

Hey guys, is there something like the grains shelf tool "Awaken by Geometry" to work on FLIP? Or just some way to keep a flip tank settled/static.

I need to have a flat surface of water (i'm doing it with a flip tank) but I need it to be very flat, like a mirror, and only move where the object touch.

That's what happens as soon as I start the simulation:

Thank's

Hey Cristobal, thx! But I couldn't find any jitter parameter on the flip tank sim.

In fact I've realized that the water stay steady when I have no gravity on the scene. I'm wondering, with no gravity, the particles aquire some velocity when the torus touch them. Could I use this velocity to activate a pop force?

Something like @v != 0 on the activation field of the force? 

Thanks again

Are you using the Scatter option on the Particle Fluid Tank SOP? Those extra surface particles can help create a smoother surface to start.  

Another option is to use APIC (Swirly Kernel) which cuts down on surface noise.  Or use APIC and run 20-30 frames until the fluid settles down, write those particles to disk, then use them as the initial state for a regular (possibly Splashy Kernel) FLIP sim.