Jump to content
Juraj

Juraj's playground

Recommended Posts

Juraj,

 

Great tips!  I'm curious about your volume baking post.  How did you approach that?

 

Cheers,

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed your experimentions Juraj and your technical expertise :)

There are some smart ideas in your Megascan implementation, are you still developing it or are ayou able to share in the state it is?

For your photogrammetry workflow, as you ask for suggestion have you tried to fill missing geo hole and texture information seamlessly according to the surrounding area (edge flow and textures filling)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2020 at 8:43 AM, vinyvince said:

There are some smart ideas in your Megascan implementation, are you still developing it or are ayou able to share in the state it is?

The Megascans integration is no longer maintained or supported. It was developed for student productions and it would need some more work to make it useful to the public. Anyway, the code is published on GitHub.

 

On 29/06/2020 at 8:43 AM, vinyvince said:

For your photogrammetry workflow, as you ask for suggestion have you tried to fill missing geo hole and texture information seamlessly according to the surrounding area (edge flow and textures filling)?

Haven't experimented with that, but you might find this talk interesting: More Like This, Please! Texture Synthesis and Remixing from a Single Example | Nordic Game 2019.

 

On 29/12/2018 at 12:35 AM, jonp said:

Juraj,

 

Great tips!  I'm curious about your volume baking post.  How did you approach that?

 

Cheers,

Jon

Hi, sorry for very late reply! I don't have the project file at hand, but it was built around Bake Volume SOP. I used the resulting volume as a constant color in shader, which skipped calculating lighting during rendering and rather used the baked volume. For multiple lights (including the hdri example) I added the light volumes together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 14/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, Juraj said:

 

The axis doesn't match the bounding box orientation, is it expected ?

Also Juraj, The python code seems to fails working with python 3 version, any idea how to fix it?

The result is not is so much better and accurate than the oriented bounding box from sidefx !

 

thanks!

@Juraj

Edited by vinyvince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×