FLIP / FEM - Mutual Interaction

ParticleSkull

I thought I saw a thread that this was not implemented yet. (I could be wrong).

You could fake the force of the fluid on the FEM, write that out as BGEO sequence then bring it back in as an obstacle for the FLIP.

On 10/6/2016 at 4:40 AM, Atom said:

I thought I saw a thread that this was not implemented yet. (I could be wrong).

You could fake the force of the fluid on the FEM, write that out as BGEO sequence then bring it back in as an obstacle for the FLIP.

I was trying a similar effect the other day, and went the fake route: https://vimeo.com/186079143

Right now FEM only has mutual interaction with other FEM objects, I thought I read somewhere that this is being worked on though.
Stephen's trick works a treat thanks for sharing!

Edited by Tex

• 11 months later...
On 10/9/2016 at 4:51 AM, Tex said:

I was trying a similar effect the other day, and went the fake route: https://vimeo.com/186079143

Right now FEM only has mutual interaction with other FEM objects, I thought I read somewhere that this is being worked on though.
Stephen's trick works a treat thanks for sharing!

i saw this quite a while back ...its still repulsive lol

anyhow can you share how you went about this?  Is it literally some objects inside slowly trying to push their way out till the outer shape pops open?  Then how was the fluid simulated too?

overall totally gross - made my wife grimace unapprovingly - she hates the fact i cant stop twiddling with all this fem stuff lol!  now i need to get the flip stuff going and grotty displacement sweaty renders going too for extra ew factor

Ahha I'll see if I can find the file dude; it's a bit of a shit show though. The big slug was a hollow tet mesh with a strength attribute painted around the split points, and the smaller slugs burst through with an initial velocity on creation - they aren't there the whole time.

The fluid was from particles emitted from the FEM pieces post solve.

You've probably seen Erik Ferguson's stuff he is the king of messed up FEM: