Redshift users, post your tips tricks here please!

I ended up building the file again a couple times until it worked -_-

Not entirely sure what did the trick but I think I had to manually drop an object_merge inside the "sopsolver1 CdSource".

Thanks for your help and offering to take a look. You rock!

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, velk said:

I ended up building the file again a couple times until it worked -_-

Not entirely sure what did the trick but I think I had to manually drop an object_merge inside the "sopsolver1 CdSource".

Thanks for your help and offering to take a look. You rock!

Can you possible share the .hip ?

Thanks!

on the same topic as volume renders go, have rendered volume with redshift ,native mantra and arnold, reckon its no brainer that redshift is way faster , on some comparisons volume looks finer when rendered with mantra , 

but having said that , redshift is defenitley great gpu render engine and have got some fine renders out of redshift as well

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone,

I think i need some help with volumes rendering

I am building a scene which has both neon lights that create a nice neon-like foggy look and regular pyro volumes. 
I was wondering if it was possible to selectively activate the “volumetric scattering” options in the Redshift Rop in order to make only some of the lights in the scene create the said foggy look and still have regular volumes render as normal smokes etc.

Thank you for your time
Frankie

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2017 at 4:30 PM, Atom said:

Yeah, sometimes I like to watch paint dry too.:huh: (especially when I'm paid by the hour)

Here is an example scene that demonstrates lighting with only material emission. There are no lights in this scene. The shader uses a RaySwitch to decouple material based emission from incandescent emission. This allows you to overdrive incandescent output while not blowing out your diffuse. You can even choose an alternate color for the incandescent light as shown in this scene. The sphere emits RED but the incandescent emits BLUE.

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_rs_light_by_material.hiplc

Keep coming back to this when googling around for Cinema 4d help - I have tried my best to emulate what you described, but just cant find a way to separate the emission from the colour on the Incandescent material node. Maybe its not possible in C4d, but just in case, would you be able to post a screen shot of your node setup? Understand this was a while ago, just being hopeful! Cheers..

The basic concept is to use a RaySwitch. Plug the Incandescent into the giColor of the switch.

This way you can still use the emission color on the rsMaterial and then another emission color from the rsIncandescent. In this mode, you can really over crank the rsIncandesent Intensity. Think of the Alpha value as a noise fall off. As Intensity goes up, try turning alpha down to tame fringe noise.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2019 at 10:15 PM, Atom said:

The basic concept is to use a RaySwitch. Plug the Incandescent into the giColor of the switch.

This way you can still use the emission color on the rsMaterial and then another emission color from the rsIncandescent. In this mode, you can really over crank the rsIncandesent Intensity. Think of the Alpha value as a noise fall off. As Intensity goes up, try turning alpha down to tame fringe noise.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hey thank you so much - I figured out eventually, which is why I didnt come back to check here. Cheers though!