waterfall

nicoladanese

You could probably get away with particle advection. You could create a fluid which is gonna give you that nice smooth feeling then use the pop advect by volumes to the particles to follow the fluid.  That's one idea, you could also use FLIP and advect. Different ways to go about it. 

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/popadvectbyvolumes

great stuff! definitely something to get started thanks a lot! about advecting particles with fluid I fell into this video and reading comments is all about a low res fluid with millions of particles advected by it, motion looks very natural! I think I'm going to start with it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seljalandsfoss heh ? That's a good way to start making waterfalls in Houdini Nicola ! :D

As Igor said, if you want enough details and proper behavior... launch FL ! hehehe 

I'm currently working on the exact type of setup, trying to make it flexible so it can work for large / medium and smaller scale with minor changes in the settings. 
Using a custom "fake airfield" as well, which, used properly, is close to the air Resistance node or Element to Element to isolate by chunk size & velocity + multiply down Vel as we used to do with Flowline. It's a bit dodgy to control but it really changes the game. 

Here is the video I used to create my "airfield" solver : 

Hope you are doing well sir Danese ;) 

Fab

--

• Like 1

• 1 year later...