Having issue with RBD-SIM - active/inactive

Hello people, 

pardon me, i know this must seem super basic but somehow my RBD-Sim does not work properly. 

I wanted to have a sphere affect a a simple prefractured box. To avoid having the box fall down upon itself i selected a few bottom pieces and set them as "i@active = 0;"

But in the sim - now nothing reacts to my sphere. I have double checked and the active shows up correctly in the spreadsheet in the sim.

Since this is hard to explain i have attached the file. I hope someone can take a look. It is a very basic setup. 

I guess this is some weird bug or i am missing something super obvious (sorry, still new to RBDs) 

All the best! 

rbd_active.hiplc

Hi sepu! 

Thanks for posting - this looks nice! I just looked at the file. So the active/inactive works in this layout... does that mean that there was something wrong with the "RBD Object" in my setup? 

Its not like i want to use "RBD Object" but i still would like to know what i did wrong or if it is some sort of bug. 

All the best! 

and another possibility. Dark and dirty RND. Deactivate the pyrosim at the beginning. Examine each node carefully and try to find out the dependencies among themselves. Very important is a sopsolver in your constraint network wich handles the active/broken inactive constraints.

There are a lot of ways how to deal with it. I think the attached file is a pretty old and basic one. Nevertheless its interesting to examine and see an other approach. But of course its better to fix the wall with active/inactive chunks as in Sepus file... Try to implement the active/inactive stuff into this file.

pywvlno3.gif

RBD_shot_the_wall.hip

wall.hip

Edited by Follyx
  • Like 1

as I wrote: you are missing the sop solver in your constraint network...

within the sopsolver you could manage a lot of stuff how your constraints behave. I.e. an explosion: you coul define an inner area where the velocity is much higher at the beginning of your explosion. Chunks will be faster. And an outer area where the chunks have a smaller velocity. All course all adjustable. Define two ore more sets of constraints for the same object. Or defining for the maximum way of travel for the pieces... and and and...

Edited by Follyx

And dont forget: my example above is not state of the art in fixing the constraints via an holder. But the inner mechanism of the whole constraints world is, for me, more understandable.

And as I wrote above too, its more paractical to use the approach from sepu...

Edited by Follyx