RBD - Glue constraints restick together

MrHoo

Hi folks,

I am following Steven Knipping's tutorial Rigids II and have some behaviour here which I do not understand and can't solve somehow...
You'll see the issue in the attached gif (some of the cluster in the upper part of the hole)

I have basically the same settings as in his videos, but it seems that somehow the constraints are going to stick together after they are broken.
At least they should break because of the metaball force (which I am using) and the corresponding huge hole inside the building and everything should collapse and not stay like in the gif.

First I thought the "Overwrite with SOP" parameter on the constraint network would be the issue (which I then changed to $SF==1), but it didn't help.

I am using H16.5.323.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions

Cheers
Dominik

rbd.gif

Edited by MrHoo

Hi Noobini,

you are right, I tested with 378 and do not have the resticking behaviour.

But what is bothering me is, that I should get at least a very similar destruction like in the video at 0:15 (in my case with just one explosion), but the structure has to collapse.

I can't of course post a screencap of the orginal tutorial...

So any ideas regarding that issue?

Thx

Dominik

Edited by MrHoo

• 7 months later...

Hi Dominik,

You can change position of a metaball. You can also increase it weight, or increase force and at the same time set density parameter in rbdpackedobject to 2400 (density of concrete) for decreasing speed of pieces. If your setup is different then in the tutorial it is worth to adjust some parameters for your needs.