POP Replicate not working

Hello, Houdini student beginner here and I can't figure out the following problem:

I have made this system that should allow vines to grow along the surface of a wall. 

I wanted that when the particle dies that it replicates itself and when that dies that it replicates again .
But it only replicates once (Frame=121).When it dies it doesn't replicate again. I've been trying all day and I can't find a solution anywhere..

As far as I saw/read the POP replicate should constantly replicate(correct me if I am wrong)

I've attached my test scene.

Thanks!

Replicate_Particles_01.hipnc

Pop replicate use streams to choose what particle is gonna split, so if you want to create recursive particles you need to create a new stream, change the stream of your pop source with a new name and match that into your pop replicate stream name, or just match the pop source stream.

Edited by Sepu

You want to spawn more particles from each particle ? The vine grows and you want to attach leaves to each point on the vine and have old leaves die and new leaves birth ?

Sepu has particles understanding very strongly understood.

Edited by CinnamonMetal

under the Stream tab on your popreplicate you just input "source_first_input1" which is the name of the stream your create from the popsource, then it will work.

if you dont want your particles to inherit the original age from your source stream change the * to v in the inherit attributes under the Attributes tab on your pop replicate

Edited by Jesper Rahlff
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jesper Rahlff said:

under the Stream tab on your popreplicate you just input "source_first_input1" which is the name of the stream your create from the popsource, then it will work.

if you dont want your particles to inherit the original age from your source stream change the * to v in the inherit attributes under the Attributes tab on your pop replicate

Thank you so much!

That worked perfectly!