Flat Tank Fluid Extended Interior Displacement

ctedin

I'm having a bit of trouble with the diplacement working from the ocean flattank_fluid_extended node. I got the volumetric fluid to extend, but getting the displacement effect is giving me some trouble. I'm trying to get the volumetric fluid to follow the extended fluid plane's displacement, but it doesn't seem to follow when I point it to the /obj/flattank_fluid_extended/RENDER vs. the /obj/flattank_fluid/RENDER. What is missing in the extended node that doesn't give the volume the proper displacement? Thanks. This is a bit of a new system, so I'm a bit lost in the woods. The surface is working great, though, and I really love the new system.

DisplacementFlatTankInterior.JPG

• 4 years later...
On 2018/4/4 at 2:07 AM, ctedin said:

What is missing in the extended node that doesn't give the volume the proper displacement?

recommand you to check you shader for interior, make sure to import spectra and spectra mask for displacement,

but before this you should get you interior mesh matched with ocean mesh too

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 1:09 PM, Benyee said:

recommand you to check you shader for interior, make sure to import spectra and spectra mask for displacement,

but before this you should get you interior mesh matched with ocean mesh too

The thing is the volume shader doesn't have any parameters for spectra and spectra mask as you can see.

VolumeShader.png

6 hours ago, dleonhardt said:

That's because you need Ocean Volume, not Uniform Volume.

But when I use guided ocean layer, houdini automatically creates uniform volume in MAT section.

It creates the ocean volume when I choose small ocean or large ocean from shelf. Is there any ways to bring ocean volume shader without selecting small and large ocean from shelf?

Edited by amin.khormaei

11 hours ago, amin.khormaei said:

But when I use guided ocean layer, houdini automatically creates uniform volume in MAT section.

It creates the ocean volume when I choose small ocean or large ocean from shelf. Is there any ways to bring ocean volume shader without selecting small and large ocean from shelf?

Click on the gear icon of the Uniform Volume, at the bottom there should be all the presets for the Material Builder, Ocean Volume is one of them.

• Like 1