Disney's "The Wild" Trailer News

michael

Today is the Day!....weeee.....

after about 2 1/2 years in the making, almost entirely in Houdini, all you good people will finally get to see a trailer for The Wild!

I found this bit of news:

Walt Disney Pictures' 'The Wild' Trailer Will Debut on Starz on January 9

The world television premiere of the trailer for Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming animated adventure "The Wild" will escape onto Starz screens this January 9. Starz Entertainment Group (SEG) partners once again with Walt Disney Pictures to bring the 1:40 teaser trailer to their flagship channel.

"The Wild" is an irreverent comedy that follows the after-hours life of an eclectic group of animals at the New York Zoo. The impressive vocal ensemble includes Kiefer Sutherland (as the respected lion leader), Greg Cipes (as Samson's rebellious son, Ryan), Jim Belushi (as Benny, the street smart squirrel and Samson's best friend), Janeane Garofalo (as a pampered giraffe), Richard Kind (as a dim-witted anaconda), William Shatner (as a wicked wildebeest), and Eddie Izzard (as Nigel, an acerbic koala). "The Wild" is slated for release April 14, 2006.

"The Wild" trailer will premiere on January 9 at the following times (all times are ET/PT):

* Starz at 7:15 p.m. * Starz Kids & Family at 5:30 p.m. * Starz Comedy at 10:00 p.m.

----

since I have no idea what "Starz" is...ok, I just looked it up and it seems to be some kind of on demand TV channel...

anyway...if, like me, you don't watch TV you can see the trailer sometime today (Jan 9) on www.disney.com and www.movies.com (I'll edit this with full path when the trailers are actually up) and I'm guessing apple.com sometime later in the week(?)...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a proper trailer worth commenting on. Looks great!  :D  Well done to all involved you must be over the moon that people can finally see all your efforts finally on show.

Can't wait to see it at higher res.

23462[/snapback]

Post the link!! Please :)

oddly enough I saw clips from the movie last week on the disney channel. I was trying to intrigue my daughter with "Air Bud" instead of Spongebob... and they were having a big thing on The Wild and Cars.

It looked cool. Will go see the trailer now.

hmmm.. sounds a little like madagascar.

i'm sorry to enflame, but i just don't follow people's thought processes when saying things like this..now that i've seen the trailer and know more of the underlying story, i don't see any more of a connection between the two except that they both have animals from the ny zoo in them. besides that, they are both completely original and different from eachother imho.. this movie sounds as much as madagascar as it does finding nemo..

phew.. now that i've said my peace... this looks awesome.. i can't wait to see a hires trailer, but you guys/gals at CORE should feel great about this..Nice job everybody..I know i'll be there on opening night.. B)

Sorry, Deecue you are right. As soon as I read "Lion" and "New York Zoo" I jumped to conclusions. Of course I was not implying plagarism that would be impossible as both productions surely overlapped.

talking of Nemo, Sharks Tale, eh? :D (JOKE! please don't hurt me!)

cmon CORE.... please release an hd version of the trailer... it looks great, but a small rez of it will not completely convince me.

but great work guys... a full fledge feature done on houdini is something to be proud of.

23475[/snapback]

and the Lion rig on exchange please :D

http://disney.go.com/disneymotion/showcase/index.html

Not going down that route again!

23469[/snapback]

I take it some people have been able to watch this? What's the secret? I've tried Linux and Windows, Firefox and Explorer, all using Flash 8. It just sits there on Loading forever. I have a crazy fast internet connection here at school, am I just not patient enough?

Cheers,

Pete rB

I take it some people have been able to watch this? What's the secret? I've tried Linux and Windows, Firefox and Explorer, all using Flash 8. It just sits there on Loading forever. I have a crazy fast internet connection here at school, am I just not patient enough?

Cheers,

Pete rB

23480[/snapback]

Weird, I'm just on Firefox windows 2000 at home.... tried to find it on movies.com but no joy. You'd think Core would have a copy on their site but zip.

oddly enough I saw clips from the movie last week on the disney channel. I was trying to intrigue my daughter with "Air Bud" instead of Spongebob... and they were having a big thing on The Wild and Cars.

It looked cool. Will go see the trailer now.

23470[/snapback]

Likely going offtopic, but I suggest Mary Poppins. Kids love it and parents can love it too!

. You'd think Core would have a copy on their site but zip.

23485[/snapback]

um, think of this like any other project we all do in this business. .... .. .

CORE executed the movie. it belongs to the Studio ( in this case to the mouse ). Like any promotional work in a vfx movie you have to get permission to show anything related to the film.

You can't blame CORE for story issues in the movie, or a poorly performing streaming trailer on a website run by the "mouse".

So bear with us, some of us have been waiting for the movie to be out there for a long time.

Personally I hope everyone is hitting that site and trying to download the trailer like crazy to the extent it raises the movie and the potential it has.... it will surprise you.

-k

.. hate those tiny previews, but HEY!

Looks good guys! Well done! :D

Not that I'm surprised or anything -- lots of good people involved -- but you just never know what politics can do to a project like that...

Kudos to the whole team!