Keyboard

DaJuice

Nothing special, but I modeled one of the old sgi "granite" keyboards for a scene I'm working on. It was supposed to be more stylized. For example, I made the keys pretty tall, but in the end, it doesn't look much different from a real one. :P

Ah well... enjoy. :)

post-37-1143334506_thumb.jpg

You guys are funny. :D To be fair, my granite keyboard is fairly non-disgusting, but then I don't really use my irix box.

Render-times with Full-Irradiance, area lights, and high shading quality were pretty hairy. Between 5-8 hrs (800mhz)

Thanks for the comments. :)

...pretty hairy. Between 5-8 hrs (800mhz)

25992[/snapback]

Woah, that seems a little high. Granted, 800Mhz is not that fast these days - since most people are hovering about the 3Ghz mark, but can you explain a little more of what you're doing?

Which version of Houdini? Are you rendering with Displacements? Is your geometry polygonal or patch? Are you using the GI cache?

Hey Jason, the model is polygonal, rendered as subdivision surfaces.

I'm not using Irradiance Caching at all. That could have sped things up, but for still renders like these I just prefer to set everything to overkill and suck it up as far as rendertimes go. :P

Hey man, that looks pretty nice, very nice clean geometry.

25968[/snapback]

It sure is clean. Almost too clean. Where are the spilled potato chips and pepsi stains? The Esc key also needs to be worn a little more. But other than that, it looks exactly like what I'm typing on right now. Well done.

It sure is clean.  Almost too clean.  Where are the spilled potato chips and pepsi stains?  The Esc key also needs to be worn a little more.  But other than that, it looks exactly like what I'm typing on right now.  Well done.

26010[/snapback]

I've got a whole eco system in mine, plus several cures for cancel.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

DeJuice your keyboard looks freakin real man. You nailed it. That looks so good man. Seems like this community just keeps growing and the artists in it just keep getting better the more and more they know houdini. Houdini gives us a lot of power at our finger tips thats for sure. Again great work man.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler